SAHM's: Do you feel uncomfortable wearing your Chanels out and about?

cjj

O.G.
Mar 3, 2007
I ask because of a thread I read earlier about high-end bags in the work-place; and I rarely see a bag beyond Coach or Vera Bradley amoung the mommy set. Granted, I'm not going to take mine to walk around the park and then hit the sandbox, but I don't see them ANYWHERE. LV, now and then but that is rare. So many of my GF's live in huge McMansions, have live-in help, nannies and carry "cheaper" purses; I have none of the above and LOVE my Chanel. *sigh* I can't be the only one who wonders about this, right? :shrugs:

I'm a SAHM and I wear a Chanel most days or my LV BH on days when I need a bag that can get spilled on.
I don't give it a second thought :biggrin:
we all have our vices. . . maybe they splurge on designer shoes or facials, etc. . . .

So many of my GF's live in huge McMansions, have live-in help, nannies and carry "cheaper" purses; I have none of the above and LOVE my Chanel.
We must live in the same neighbourhood. ;)

I was a SAHM for many years but still carried my Chanels. It seemed silly to spend so much money on a bag and not use it. However, my bags were never the blingy, logo'd ones, so I didn't feel too conspicuous.

No, thought I might initially (I am new to Chanel) but I love these bags so much, and I feel they give my usual jeans 'n t-shirt some polish while I'm running around. I think everyone should enjoy beauty in design in their own way, and for me bags are it -- functional luxury! :yes:

Where I live, most of the SAHMs' (including me) carry their Chanels, Hermes, etc. when even doing errands. SAHMs' should enjoy their little luxuries too...

I am a SAHM too and I never see any designer bag except for the occasional Coach or Dooney in my neighborhood. I use my Chanel or LV everyday. Like Swanky, I don't give it a second thought.

I'm also a SAHM and I use my Chanels and LV's when I go out and do errands (I only have designer bags). I :heart: all my designer bags and I use each and every one of them at least 2-3 times a month (my everyday bag is my damier speedy).

I am a SAHM and from London in an area where everyone is very trendy, I see chnaels, Hermes, Gucci, Fendi's etc. However as I am only 21 I do feel very insecure when carrying my Chanel's pushing my son's puschair especially my Classic flaps, everyone knows my face round the area and they start to talk about what I wear very openly. Once a woman asked me how I could afford to carry such an expensive bag! Now when I go out I tend to carry my Gucci's and LV and save my Chanels's for the weekend or when I go out with my BF and friends

I don't have a Chanel (yet) but no, I don't feel weird carrying around other expensive bags. They're my personal little lux's and make me feel so happy. If your bag goes with your outfit, it's totally fine.

I don't have a Chanel (yet) but no, I don't feel weird carrying around other expensive bags. They're my personal little lux's and make me feel so happy. If your bag goes with your outfit, it's totally fine.

You're right - it is my guilty little pleasure. Yesterday I had my purple python flap at my son's viola lesson. I had all my stuff in it anyways and I have a great Loro Piana cashmere scarf that goes well with it. Maybe a little overkill for music lessons - but oh well!