SAHM's: Do you feel uncomfortable wearing your Chanels out and about?

Great question. Sometimes yes. My day usually takes me through alot of different situations, during the day my kids are at school and I run around on my own I feel fine. I live in a well to do area and a chanel bag is not a rareity.

But once I pick up my kids sometimes I feel silly. Even walking into my kids school sometimes (depending on the bag) I feel uncomfortable. But what am I to do? I am not about to carry an extra bag with me and change everytime. So I am just going to have to let it go and just be who I am!

I used feel uncomforable carrying Chanel and LV around my family and people who thinks I am crazy spending so much money on a bag. But I love them and don't think about it anymore. why buy them and not use them.

the thing is. . . a lot of people are not even going to notice the bag.
WE notice them because that's what WE love, hence our membership here.
But most people couldn't care less. . . this is a big reason why I don't care, no one seems to even notice my bags.

But most people couldn't care less. . . this is a big reason why I don't care, no one seems to even notice my bags.
I completely agree with you on this.

On another note,
Sometimes I think I feel I could have better spent my "bag money" towards my son's braces or other usages - but that only last a moment :P

I am SAHGF and I have a regular Nicky Hilton/Samantha Tavasa star bag that I carry around every day...I only use my designer bags when there is a special occasion, event, dinner, party, etc.

I'm a SAHM and like to wear my Chanel bags when I go out for dinner, shopping or visiting friends. The only place I do feel self conscious is when there is an event at my son's school ... a lot of mothers there do not carry designer bags (they might else where but at the school, everyone is pretty low key).

I tend to turn the logo inwards also; and that bothers me, for some reason. The fact that I have heard other women put down a mom carrying a LV ("who does she think SHE is", "must be nice", "only a fool would spend money like that on a purse", and the one that I think would fit me: "if you can afford designer bags, why can't they live in a nicer house? Warped priorities, that's why") Yes, I have heard these things said as a few women pass by during drop-off/pick-up (private school). SHould I care? No. I'm too old for cliques; yet it still bugs me because people do notice (even down to who drives what :rolleyes: ). Good to know I'm not the only one feels this way. :yes:

Funny because I was wondering myself how other moms felt and am also glad to know that I am not alone if feeling this way. My kids go to a private school too, but rarely (if at all) do you see a chanel. Some Louie but that's about it (and probably a good mixture of fake). I know what you mean cjj. I know women can be like that and talk. But I just don't want anyone looking at me with that "who does she think she is" kind of way. I guess I should'nt care, but I do. Having said that, I am off to pick up my daughter with my red lambskin flap (could I be more subtle, lol)!!

I have struggled a little with that, too. Not only am I a sahm, but also live in a very small town. I literally think I may be the only one in town with a Chanel. I still carry it, I love it. My flaps do seem a little formal sometimes, though. I need another tote : )

interesting thread. i've taken my purse to the grocery store, etc. because it's my purse. when i worked, i don't recall getting the 'how can she afford that purse' comments but admittedly my most expensive purses were coach's. now, because my kids are still young (4...going on 21! eek! & 18 months), i primarily carry the diaper bag and i *hate* carrying 2 bags...too tough keeping up with these munchkins. :smile:

I am a SAHM, too, and I feel good carrying my Chanels out and about town so I usually don't really take what others think into account. It's taken me a long time to be able to wear designer bags, so I am going to enjoy it and wear it anywhere my day takes me! LOL