Rose gold JUC or C de Cartier bracelet?

Jun 5, 2012
My birthday is next month, and hubby wants to get me a nice gift. I've narrowed it down to these bracelets...

Rose gold Juste un Clou with diamonds:
MaD2mYr.png

C de Cartier bracelet:
KZWoPqv.png

Personally, I'm leaning towards the JUC because I tend to prefer solid bangles over bracelets. However, hubby really dislikes (and has always disliked, lol) the JUC because he doesn't understand why I like "that nail" so much :lol:. I already have a rose gold rainbow Love, so for now would prefer a different style over a second Love.

I've tried both on in store, and although hubby thinks that the dainty C de Cartier is more "me" (plus it goes nicely with my Cartier necklace), I feel it's perhaps too dressy/delicate for everyday (hubby thinks otherwise). I like the chunky, statement look of the JUC, but the diamond bracelet is probably more classic? Which would you go for and why? Thanks ladies!

I was initially the same as your husband - why wear a nail on your wrist? But then I tried it on and fell in love! I recently purchased the rose gold JUC with diamonds and am very happy with buying this first over a love bracelet. I think the C de Cartier may be more dressy with all the diamonds. But lots of people wear diamonds every day and it's not too dressy for them. I'm not much help here as both are beautiful and you can't go wrong with either. Go with your gut and I'm sure your husband will support you either way as he wants you to wear and enjoy your new birthday present! Good luck deciding!

I love both of these bracelets! I agree that C de Cartier seems a bit more dressy, not sure it's an everyday bracelet but they are both gorgeous, sorry I am no help here .

My husband was the same way when I showed him the JUC, he doesn't understand it at all. I would get what you love, but definitely take his opinion into account. Have you both looked at them in person, he might think differently once he sees in person. I think the JUC has more "Oomph" if that makes sense. Either is a great gift, good luck decided, lots of fun! Oh, and my preference is JUC, work on hubby! haha!

I personally think if you're going Cartier do the JUC! It's such a statement piece and can be stacked with anything as well. I think the other bracelet is too "plain" for my taste and I would go for a bigger tennis bracelet from a jeweler than getting that from Cartier. Whichever choice you make though it's such a great gift, enjoy it!!

Reactions: kkfiregirl
My birthday is next month, and hubby wants to get me a nice gift. I've narrowed it down to these bracelets...

Rose gold Juste un Clou with diamonds:
MaD2mYr.png

C de Cartier bracelet:
KZWoPqv.png

Personally, I'm leaning towards the JUC because I tend to prefer solid bangles over bracelets. However, hubby really dislikes (and has always disliked, lol) the JUC because he doesn't understand why I like "that nail" so much :lol:. I already have a rose gold rainbow Love, so for now would prefer a different style over a second Love.

I've tried both on in store, and although hubby thinks that the dainty C de Cartier is more "me" (plus it goes nicely with my Cartier necklace), I feel it's perhaps too dressy/delicate for everyday (hubby thinks otherwise). I like the chunky, statement look of the JUC, but the diamond bracelet is probably more classic? Which would you go for and why? Thanks ladies!
I'm totally bias. I love the JUC and I have it in YG with diamonds. I actually think JUC is one of the Cartier classics and it is also edgy ;)
GL with your decision :flowers:

I was initially the same as your husband - why wear a nail on your wrist? But then I tried it on and fell in love! I recently purchased the rose gold JUC with diamonds and am very happy with buying this first over a love bracelet. I think the C de Cartier may be more dressy with all the diamonds. But lots of people wear diamonds every day and it's not too dressy for them. I'm not much help here as both are beautiful and you can't go wrong with either. Go with your gut and I'm sure your husband will support you either way as he wants you to wear and enjoy your new birthday present! Good luck deciding!

When I tried on the JUC in store, I just loved it. The C de Cartier I also liked, but I'm usually a jeans and tshirt girl, so it probably wouldn't get as much wear as the JUC. Just need to convince hubby :lol:

What a great dilema to have! I am biased because I have a JUC (although sans diamonds) and I just love it. Get what you love! He will understand. When I got my JUC my DH thought it was an interesting looking piece...now he thinks it looks really cool and edgy and that it pairs great with my LOVE. Best of luck deciding dear!

Get what YOU love. You're the one wearing it. And hubby should just want to make you happy. He doesn't need to understand it and you have to be ok with him not understanding.

I've just showed hubby this thread, and while he still isn't a fan of the JUC, he's said that if I absolutely must have it, I can. After all, I'll be the one wearing it. I think he's hoping I'd change my mind, but that won't happen :graucho:

My husband was the same way when I showed him the JUC, he doesn't understand it at all. I would get what you love, but definitely take his opinion into account. Have you both looked at them in person, he might think differently once he sees in person. I think the JUC has more "Oomph" if that makes sense. Either is a great gift, good luck decided, lots of fun! Oh, and my preference is JUC, work on hubby! haha!

We looked at both together, and hubby had a strong preference for the C de Cartier, as well as anything that was not the JUC, haha! But the more I think about it, the more I'm drawn to the JUC - it's statement enough to be worn on its own, looks good stacked, and will go with everything in my wardrobe... I'll keep working on hubby :lol:

Reactions: NikkisABagGirl
We looked at both together, and hubby had a strong preference for the C de Cartier, as well as anything that was not the JUC, haha! But the more I think about it, the more I'm drawn to the JUC - it's statement enough to be worn on its own, looks good stacked, and will go with everything in my wardrobe... I'll keep working on hubby :lol:
Maybe you can convince him to get BOTH?! :idea: The JUC would be perfect for the casual outfits and also work with dressy outfits particularly as it has the diamonds. It's definitely more striking and unusual. I'm sure he will come around. My husband just got tired of me staring at photos of it and said to just buy it! I love mine!

Maybe you can convince him to get BOTH?! :idea: The JUC would be perfect for the casual outfits and also work with dressy outfits particularly as it has the diamonds. It's definitely more striking and unusual. I'm sure he will come around. My husband just got tired of me staring at photos of it and said to just buy it! I love mine!

I like the way you think, haha! There's always Christmas... :graucho::graucho::graucho: