Rolex owners: What do you have?

All that said, I don't think that you need to fear that a 26mm sized Rolex will give you more trouble or spent more time in service/repair than any other (larger) Rolex you have. Plus, 26 mm are still on Rolex's menu, readily available.

Buy what you feel comfortable with - what you like - what fits your style. And if that is a 26mm Rolex, that's the watch for you and I'm sure it's going to be a wonderful one that you will enjoy - don't worry about it failing. :smile:

Oh, I agree, I totally believe in buying what you like and what fits your personal style and not worry about what people say is in style or not. I like the oversized watch look on other people but don't really care for it for me. I've sold off a couple of my larger, non-Rolex watches since they just felt too bulky and seemed to overwhelm my other jewelry. So, I do think a 26 mm is in my future. I just can't quite decide if I want to go all the way with a vintage yellow gold presidential or another SS model. It's been fun to look! I'll have pics at some point soon-ish I hope.

+1 to everything Oliver wrote above. It was marketing, not service issues, behind the debut of the 28mm size, I'm certain. The 26mm has been a steady classic and best seller for Rolex among women prior to the big-watch era. It is still the choice of many new customers.

Isn't the 26 mm going away though and being replaced by the 28mm, or is the new 28 mm just for the yellow gold models?

Isn't the 26 mm going away though and being replaced by the 28mm, or is the new 28 mm just for the yellow gold models?
No, 26mm is still on the website and at dealerships.
Rolex is very proprietary about its business decisions and hasn't declared it might abandon that classic model. (Internet rumor is worth the paper it's printed on.) It's also a slow-moving company trend wise, so it's kind of amazing that it even finally launched the 28mm in response to the sizing-up trend.
I'd be surprised to see the 26mm retired any time soon.

...If I look at the wrists of female friends, business partners and also celebrities what I see most often are large watches. Not so much with elegant evening wardrobe, but a lot of times when the style is anything between informal to casual, business casual or business attire. If we stay with Rolex, it's Presidents, Date-Justs, GMT's and Daytonas. Often, not always, bracelets are additionally set pretty wide to create a rather laid back/easy going look. So up-sizing the rather "traditional" lady Rolex/"Dress watch" models might be a try to sell more of them as probably a fair share of their (potential) female customers prefer larger watches nowadays and might feel that 26 mm is just too small, even for a typical "dress watch".
...All that said, I don't think that you need to fear that a 26mm sized Rolex will give you more trouble or spent more time in service/repair than any other (larger) Rolex you have. Plus, 26 mm are still on Rolex's menu, readily available.

I agree with what you said, although I will say that I have a 26 and an AirKing and the smaller one keeps terrible time. It does need to be serviced, but in general over the years it hasn't been nearly as reliable as the larger one. But definitely we women have been going for the larger watches.

Love your posts. [emoji254]

Reactions: vanluna
Went into the Rolex store at UTC Mall. The SA said they are phasing out the 26. I tried on 26, 28 and 31 but, as they didn't have a gold one to try on I couldn't decide on size although definitely decided on a yellow gold. They are getting some in for me to try!

Reactions: youngster
Went into the Rolex store at UTC Mall. The SA said they are phasing out the 26. I tried on 26, 28 and 31 but, as they didn't have a gold one to try on I couldn't decide on size although definitely decided on a yellow gold. They are getting some in for me to try!

Exciting! Come back with pictures! I love my rose gold 31mm. It's definitely quite a bit heavier than the steel ones but I like that. I did initially feel that the president bracelet felt a lot bulkier than the jubilee as well but I'm used to that now and love it.

Hi everyone. Long time lurker here. I'm looking to get my first Rolex and went to try them on in store. This is the style I'm leaning towards but with a white face instead. My question to you guys is what do you think of the size ? This is the 36 mm. Do you guys think it's too big? Or just right? For some reason I didn't take a picture of the 31 mm. Thanks in advance for your opinions ! IMG_1477790085.622005.jpg

Reactions: EBMIC
Hi everyone. Long time lurker here. I'm looking to get my first Rolex and went to try them on in store. This is the style I'm leaning towards but with a white face instead. My question to you guys is what do you think of the size ? This is the 36 mm. Do you guys think it's too big? Or just right? For some reason I didn't take a picture of the 31 mm. Thanks in advance for your opinions ! View attachment 3506946

I am big boned (6.5 in wrist) and the 36 is not too big. But I would not wear it under dressy circumstances, too big. just my 2 cents

Reactions: fashionaddict9
I am big boned (6.5 in wrist) and the 36 is not too big. But I would not wear it under dressy circumstances, too big. just my 2 cents

While I agree this is not a dressy watch size-wise, I think that as a practical matter IRL ladies seem to wear large watches pretty much everywhere, at least here in NY. I tend to wear the same watch for months at a time to everything, then I switch. Also, owning a small YG and a large SS one usually goes better with what I'm wearing.

I don't post my watches mainly because it seems that most people here are against adding aftermarket accessories and both of mine have. That never really bothered me because I plan to keep my watches forever. I've owned my yg for 15 years and every once in a while I like to change it up - originally switched the face to dark blue, now it's white MOP.

With that said, here is my AirKing with pink MOP/diamond markers. Can't really see the colors in the MOP in this pic but it has some awesome flashes of hot pink and green. I've worn it to dressy events:

Attachments

• IMG_1477834023.839183.jpg
    IMG_1477834023.839183.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 1,620
A few months ago I treated myself to a used Rolex Cellini, the relatively unknown dress line of Rolex. I'm in the minority of guys who prefer a reasonably sized watch instead of the monstrous dials which is popular. My model of Cellini is about ten years old, has a 32mm case and a mother of pearl dial. A lot of people are afraid to buy on eBay but if you follow a few simple rules it is the next best thing to buying from an authorized dealer. There are some great deals out there for vintage watches. Just be prepared to pay for a routine servicing.
cellini -ost3.jpg

A few months ago I treated myself to a used Rolex Cellini, the relatively unknown dress line of Rolex. I'm in the minority of guys who prefer a reasonably sized watch instead of the monstrous dials which is popular. My model of Cellini is about ten years old, has a 32mm case and a mother of pearl dial. A lot of people are afraid to buy on eBay but if you follow a few simple rules it is the next best thing to buying from an authorized dealer. There are some great deals out there for vintage watches. Just be prepared to pay for a routine servicing.
View attachment 3507508
Very nice watch - looks great on you! I don't share the 'popular opinion' when it comes to watch sizes - IMHO any watch over 28mm looks best on a man's wrist, so to my eye yours is perfect!

View attachment 3507508

Beautiful! And I agree, I'm not into oversized watches either. Love yours.