Resellers getting Chanel items first and selling for premium

Exactly!

I believe resellers are one of the reasons Chanel decided to do away with authenticity cards and moved to the microchip system.

I wish Chanel (and others) would crack down on SAs who knowingly sell to resellers.
Yup, if they can't find records of you in their system purchasing said item directly, said item is not covered at all afterwards if there should be any problems

Are you in the USA? There is someone who works at Chanel within Neiman Marcus - she sends regular emails of inventory, if you are interested in getting photos.

I think email lists are a loophole :smile:
Aww thanks! I actually see stock photos on this forum under Chanel Boutique stores and some of the ladies have been very helpful! I also met a Chanel SA recently at Neiman's and she was wonderful. She said she will send me pics. I wonder if we are talking about the same SA, :biggrin:

I missed my chance to get the Chanel rain boots this past season. I did not text my SA on time and my size was gone when I realized that I needed them. I tried them in a store in a different size and loved them! I sadly see some resellers charging ridiculous prices for them which is very annoying! I am not paying them extra. It's a REV item and I am sure it will be back. That's the thing with Chanel, if you miss an item, no worries, it will come back!

I
The problem with resellers is that if you purchase through them, chanel will not cover the item should there be an issue later
I myself don’t condone to how resellers get everything and sell to real clients but i have been in that situation where in i couldnt get a bag and had to go the reseller route. I had an issue with the bag even with the receipt not under my name or even without the receipt actually i was able to had it repaired in Chanel for free. I had to change the CC lock coz it got scratches and everything went smoothly.

Reactions: sunshineshiney
I

I myself don’t condone to how resellers get everything and sell to real clients but i have been in that situation where in i couldnt get a bag and had to go the reseller route. I had an issue with the bag even with the receipt not under my name or even without the receipt actually i was able to had it repaired in Chanel for free. I had to change the CC lock coz it got scratches and everything went smoothly.
Good to know you didn’t have an issue!
Assuming your bag didn’t have a microchip?

The first bag didn’t have a microchip. The recent one had and they were okay to take it in, they did ask for the receipt and i was asked when did I purchase the item, but in the end they still took it in for the repair.
Wow!! I did not think they would take the microchip bag. Maybe Chanel Services will keep track of resellers this way? Since some SA’s don’t care.

I

I'm telling you what my local boutique told me

Reactions: sunshineshiney
I'm telling you what my local boutique told me
I am also sharing my experience just to give additional information.

I think different stores has different ways. Like for example i had an rtw to be adjusted and one boutique wanted me to pay for the seamstress to come in… thats apart from the fee of the repair. So i went to a different store and there was no additional fees to call in a seamstress. I think it just varies from every Boutique

One of the worst things is, Chanel's bag quota policy didn't limit the resellers, but real clients like us. Resellers would hire several people so that the bags are purchased under different profiles, but real clients who see two bags from the same season that they like have to wait a month before buying the second one (and at that point the second one is likely sold out).