Red Ambrosina, Nude Patent Jolie, & Cabaret w/ PICS

Asha..no way!!! My parents and I are from Hyd as well...I go back every year!

That is crazy. Unfortunately, I have been in school since I remember so I haven't had any time to go back since I was 14, but maybe sometime soon!

How cool! What is that near? I just sold a home to the sweetest family from Bombay. They have been here about a year. She is a nurse and he is a chef. Of course I made him promise me some recipes for Indian food!!I love anything with curry as well!!! He is the most interesting man, I could talk with him for hours. What brought your parents to the States? Do you still have family in India?

Hyderabad is in southern India. It's not that far from Bombay via plane. My parents came to the US to pursue the American dream. lol No, but seriously they did. :girlsigh: They wanted a better life and more opportunities for my sister and I as well as for my father's career. My father finished medical school and had already completed most, if not all of residency (they start young there), but they moved to NJ initially where he did his residency. He had to basically do it again b/c those are the medical licensure guidelines for foreign medical graduates. It may have changed now, but I doubt it.

Then, they moved to Chicago where he completed his fellowship in cardiology. I was born in Chicago and then we moved to Ohio a few weeks later b/c my father had accepted a job offer. And, he has been practicing invasive cardiology ever since.

Has anybody ever seen the movie "The Namesake"? The story line fits in perfectly with why families immigrate to the US. The particular family focused on in the movie is Indian, but many people from different ethnic backgrounds can definitely relate. It's a great movie IMO.

Asha, I am so happy that you got your Ambrosinas early (by surprise). They are beautiful and very flattering on your foot. It is a gorgeous shoe! I love the Cabaret and Jolie on you, but the Ambrosina is my favorite of your recent haul. Nude really looks great on your skin tone.

Thanks girl. Who would have thought nude shoes look good on an Indian chick huh? haha I hope to sport the Ambrosinas on VDay. My b/f better not cancel on me. LOL

I love them all, but im drooling over the Cabaret!!!
oooooooo love love love them!
Keep the Red Crepe Ambrosina.....they look really nice on you.
My NM pre-orderes came early too! I love it!
Congrats on all your new babies!!

Gorgeous additions and they all look fabulous on you!! :love: Ohhh, my mom grew up in Hyderabad (she's actually Guju... well we all are haha)! :nuts: Crazy, my dad's medical school experience sounds the same as your dad's... he's very young considering how much he has accomplished, and I think the system is still the same there (when he started med school he was just 17)! :nuts:

OT, but I loved The Namesake... what an amazing movie. :smile: My parents did too, and probably for the same reason why many families from various ethnic backgrounds would... it's all too relatable (not quite for me, but I can appreciate it nonetheless). :smile: Also, I happen think nude patent looks fab on "our" skin tone;)... I think most colors do (unfortunately and fortunately) haha. :P

That is crazy. Unfortunately, I have been in school since I remember so I haven't had any time to go back since I was 14, but maybe sometime soon!

Hyderabad is in southern India. It's not that far from Bombay via plane. My parents came to the US to pursue the American dream. lol No, but seriously they did. :girlsigh: They wanted a better life and more opportunities for my sister and I as well as for my father's career. My father finished medical school and had already completed most, if not all of residency (they start young there), but they moved to NJ initially where he did his residency. He had to basically do it again b/c those are the medical licensure guidelines for foreign medical graduates. It may have changed now, but I doubt it.

Then, they moved to Chicago where he completed his fellowship in cardiology. I was born in Chicago and then we moved to Ohio a few weeks later b/c my father had accepted a job offer. And, he has been practicing invasive cardiology ever since.

Has anybody ever seen the movie "The Namesake"? The story line fits in perfectly with why families immigrate to the US. The particular family focused on in the movie is Indian, but many people from different ethnic backgrounds can definitely relate. It's a great movie IMO.

Thanks girl. Who would have thought nude shoes look good on an Indian chick huh? haha I hope to sport the Ambrosinas on VDay. My b/f better not cancel on me. LOL

My BF better take me out to a nice dinner so I can wear my Glitters!!! So funny, the guys spend several hundred on dinner, flowers, jewelry, whatever and we spend several hundred on shoes that are so HOT that our SOs just want to stay home.......if you know what I mean!!!! :graucho:

my beau has joked that he hates everytime I get a new bag or shoes because he knows he is going to have more pressure to take me out more so I can wear all my new stuff ;)

My BF better take me out to a nice dinner so I can wear my Glitters!!! So funny, the guys spend several hundred on dinner, flowers, jewelry, whatever and we spend several hundred on shoes that are so HOT that our SOs just want to stay home.......if you know what I mean!!!! :graucho:

Gorgeous additions and they all look fabulous on you!! :love: Ohhh, my mom grew up in Hyderabad (she's actually Guju... well we all are haha)! :nuts: Crazy, my dad's medical school experience sounds the same as your dad's... he's very young considering how much he has accomplished, and I think the system is still the same there (when he started med school he was just 17)! :nuts:

OT, but I loved The Namesake... what an amazing movie. :smile: My parents did too, and probably for the same reason why many families from various ethnic backgrounds would... it's all too relatable (not quite for me, but I can appreciate it nonetheless). :smile: Also, I happen think nude patent looks fab on "our" skin tone;)... I think most colors do (unfortunately and fortunately) haha. :P
See I like the nudes because I think they do look good on all skin tones. I was worried that because I am so fair they would wash me out.
I will have to watch the movie. I am always so interested in learning as much as I can and love hearing people talk about other places I may never get to see.

Thanks. I laugh b/c I have so many cute nude patent CLs, but I'm Indian. Luckily I'm lighter skinned for an Indian girl so they actually do work and lengthen my legs. I need warm weather though! :P

I went w/ my standard CL size which is a 40. The 39.5 would have fit, but I was worried about the toe box. I'm a US 9 by the way. Most of my CLs are a size 40. 5" pigalles I wear a 39 and patent rolandos, rolandes, and decolletes I wear a 40.5 b/c of the narrow toe box. Very prives, 110 mm yoyos, etc I wear a 40. I own a 40.5 in a couple of styles b/c the 40s were sold out at the time. Hope that helps!

ashakes: I finally went and got the nude patent jolies today!! I love them!! I had to go .5 size down from my usual CL size cuz my heel kept popping out..weird..I tried on the yoyos too but they just didn't look as good as these..Thanks for posting ur pics and turning me onto this shoe!!:yahoo: