rebecca minkoff...do you like the mam better than the matinee?

i have no idea how to make up my mind now...the mam is gorgeous and i keep looking at it every five minutes...the matinee in midnight with pewter is amazing...and i can only get ONE!!!! what to do??? what to do?!?!!

riceandsoup, the Matinee is gorgeous. It's great with all its pockets... and it's very sturdily built! I LOVE mine.

That's a lovely colour combination, madaboutdarcy! I do agree that it's a gorgeous bag. But I keep vacillating between different colours. I like the wine...and the eggplant...and the white/gold...how to decide?

That's a lovely colour combination, madaboutdarcy! I do agree that it's a gorgeous bag. But I keep vacillating between different colours. I like the wine...and the eggplant...and the white/gold...how to decide?

I love the wine and the dark grey for the Matinee, as well as the glazed espresso. But this I loved best because the colors are so "me", I don't know how to explain it, but when my DH saw it he went "Hey, that's a really great bag -- and it's so you." My last brown bag as well died recently (until last week I was carrying around my AH canvas tote haha) so it made sense to get this.

If you can keep it neat and in condition I would suggest the white/gold -- I LOVE it but it's too high-maintenance for someone like myself hehe.

Mind you I love it so much I am thinking of getting another in Wine/Eggplant just like you, and just because I can't keep the white clean. If you're thinking "If I can afford 2 I'll get 2!" then there's a seller on ebay who comes highly recommended by people on the forum, she has the white/gold, and her shop is Haute Chick.

****EEEEK I am so sorry! I saw it a few hours ago on her site and now it's gone! Sorry riceandsoup :sad:

I love the wine and the dark grey for the Matinee, as well as the glazed espresso. But this I loved best because the colors are so "me", I don't know how to explain it, but when my DH saw it he went "Hey, that's a really great bag -- and it's so you." My last brown bag as well died recently (until last week I was carrying around my AH canvas tote haha) so it made sense to get this.

If you can keep it neat and in condition I would suggest the white/gold -- I LOVE it but it's too high-maintenance for someone like myself hehe.

Mind you I love the Matinee so much I am thinking of getting another in Wine/Eggplant just like you, because I can't keep the white clean.

I know Haute Chick, I just bought my TDF Kooba Reese satchel from her! I was watching the white/gold but let it go by because I don't think it'd stay white for long with me as its owner! :biggrin:

I vote for the MAM - I ordered a Matinee from lunaboston, the black with blue wings. It was a gorgous bag - beautiful leather - but HEAVY!!! It's also a little hard to get into - the top zipper is a little short for such a wide bag. I sent it back - mainly due to the weight!

I vote for the MAM - I ordered a Matinee from lunaboston, the black with blue wings. It was a gorgous bag - beautiful leather - but HEAVY!!! It's also a little hard to get into - the top zipper is a little short for such a wide bag. I sent it back - mainly due to the weight!

:yes: I agree - the weight and the smallish zipper opening just didn't do it for me. I ordered a second MAM and returned the Matinee. Plus the leather on the MAM was MUCH softer and squishier than the Matinee. I had the elephant color and it was really stiff.

both bags are now here...i can't decide...the matinee has wonderful pockets and the leather is really soft and squishy...the pewter "ears" really give it some "oomph"...the mam is gorgeous, too...i just can't decide and i simply can't keep both right now...would it help if i mentioned that i'm 50? do you think one of the bags is too young for me or are they both kind of ageless? arrgghh!!! help!!!

You can't go wrong with both styles songofthesea. I have both the Matinee and the MAM and though I love the MAM more, I can't let go of my Dark Grey Matinee. I know I would regret it if I did, especially with that color.

I love the Morning After, and the Mini if you like a smaller bag. The shape is great, it looks great on, and it's user-friendly. The matinee is cute too but I find it harder to get things in and out of due to the shape and the smaller opening. It also doesn't look quite as good on my arm, but I've seen other girls carry it off beautifully.

I do think the matinee is a slightly younger, trendier bag; that's another reason I prefer the MA for myself. But I don't think the matinee is too young if you wear it with style :smile:

I vote for the Morning After Mini. The shape is classic and versatile. It's perfect for your age.
Also, I've heard people complaining about how Matinee falls on a heavy side. If you don't like heavy bags, then MAM would be better. It's quite light.