Prix de Diane 2007 & FSH Summer Windows

bagdizzy - PM away!

Coincidentally, I was on with FSH earlier today talking about the color parchmain and the word is that it is a new color "especially created for this autumn/winter collection", and it has not existed prior to this year for special orders or orders by even VVIPs. There are colors that Hermes has used previously that are very similar or nearly identical but were launched under different names. But for anyone eager to get their hands on a parchmain bag, the good news is that bags in parchmain have begun to trickle in to boutiques these past few weeks worldwide.

Even more pics - sent to me by a friend...

The Indian Cavalry prepping for the show.

2007.jpg

Entertainment in the press section

2007-1.jpg

A man and not quite a horse, and a white birkin

2007-2.jpg

the cuddliest handbag of the day

2007-3.jpg

cuteness!

2007-4.jpg

This hat looks like it could win the Americas Cup all by itself

2007-5.jpg

2007-6.jpg

and here's a close-up of that etoupe birkin

2007-7.jpg

Kallie, was it you that wanted to know how that woman tied her scarf? Here's a better angle.

2007-8.jpg

Some serious picnickers (of which there were many)...

2007-9.jpg

an H-hour watch

2007-10.jpg

Gina this def looks like as serious a picnicing crowd as USC tailgaters at the USC/UCLA Football game!

I just love how there is so much style in the pics. That is something sorely lacking in the US. These women have style and originality and seem to be fearless in fashion as well. I'm sure they must have given much thought to their ensembles, but are so chic that it looks effortless.

It's my pleasure, D - really it is! :smile:

BTW, it's tough to see, but in the second to last photo above, all of the picnic equipment was carried onto the green in two HUGE black travel birkins with GHW. So nice to see a workhorse bag working like a horse!

There are a couple more photos coming, but I'm still waiting for them in emails and they'll have to be resized. Stay tuned!

gracekelly, about the US, I do agree.

more from the same friend's camera

2007-11.jpg

there were elephants (and monkeys and camels, magicians, musicians and dancers, too)

2007-12.jpg

the imposing Indian Cavalry

2007-13.jpg

and a last dash of color!

2007-14.jpg

Oh my! :girlsigh:I can't believe how long it's taken me to get through this thread after spending so much time looking longingly at every pic. Thanks for taking us there, Gina!

Gina - thanks again for these amazing pics - so gorgeous.

I swear I want a giant poster of that one with the bright, colorful tents and the horses passing by in front of it. Prettiest photo ever.:heart:

Gina, I never realized that the French had their version of Ascot with all the outrageous hats. Philip Treacy was having a good day at the races! If I had gone, I would have looked for something really out there in honor of Isabella Blow.