Post All Louboutin SIZING Questions Here READ FIRST PAGE

Hi Sept. measuring up the back of the heel will always result in a higher measurement unless you have a straight cut heel. That’s why you should measure on the side as shown above. The more forward curve of the heel, the greater the discrepancy will be. That is why the industry has developed a standard for measuring. BTW: 120 mm is 4.72 inches. (2.54 cm per inch or 25.4 mm per inch.) From what I can estimate from your picture, your size 35 is actually about 118 mm or 11.7 cm. Forgive me for sounding pedantic, but I worked in industrial design and can’t help myself😉.

Reactions: Flyinghedgehog
Hi Sept. measuring up the back of the heel will always result in a higher measurement unless you have a straight cut heel. That’s why you should measure on the side as shown above. The more forward curve of the heel, the greater the discrepancy will be. That is why the industry has developed a standard for measuring. BTW: 120 mm is 4.72 inches. (2.54 cm per inch or 25.4 mm per inch.) From what I can estimate from your picture, your size 35 is actually about 118 mm or 11.7 cm. Forgive me for sounding pedantic, but I worked in industrial design and can’t help myself😉.
All great insights!

Kat, Mal and

Kat, Grtlegs, and Mal, are all correct, but 115 mm seems a little too short for a SK 120 since the standard 120 mm is taken from a 37. My newer SK 120s, size 39, consistently measure 121 mm but the pre 2020 examples measure 122 mm and my oldest 123mm. There must have been a slight changes to design pitch. If you have a pair of 36.5 the lowest you should have is 118 mm. I suspect your heels have be “shaved” by three plus mm. That can be done by a skilled cobbler and has to be matched with an appropriate tip. You can “get away” with that, but any more throws the balance and stability of the shoes off. BTW: be sure you are actually measuring your heels properly. The standard is to measure perpendicular from the floor to the point where the heel joins the last at the FRONT of the heel. I’ll try to get a picture of what this looks like.
Also great point. When you do shave the heel down if by too much it stresses the shank which is the integrity of the pitch. The more the heel is shortened, the more the toe where the shoe contact the ground at the front turns up (because the shank and the toe angle was made to accommodate that heel height). When wearing and walking, you'll be pushing the tip down. Most cobblers if not all will also tell you they can't shave down more than 5mm on Louboutins, because the heel is a metal tube. I prefer to never shave the heel for this reason.

Oops typo 😖. That should be
118 mm or 11.8cm. Sorry.
Also great point. When you do shave the heel down if by too much it stresses the shank which is the integrity of the pitch. The more the heel is shortened, the more the toe where the shoe contact the ground at the front turns up (because the shank and the toe angle was made to accommodate that heel height). When wearing and walking, you'll be pushing the tip down. Most cobblers if not all will also tell you they can't shave down more than 5mm on Louboutins, because the heel is a metal tube. I prefer to never shave the heel for this reason.
Hi Kat. You are entirely correct in all you say. I cringe 😖 at the thought of cutting down a SK, PF, or HC 130, and since I wear these very regularly, I am asked frequently about altering the height. Answer “ No”. Just buy a lower heel like a Kate 100, still pretty, pitched for that height, and you don’t have to fool around and possibly ruin an increasingly rare and expensive pair of classic higher heels.

Reactions: Flyinghedgehog
Hi, grtlegs! I too love the PF… so happy that I hung onto a couple pairs, as it seems they’ve been discontinued. Do you know?
I don’t think the pigalle follies is discontinued….. but they seem to stop offering new colors, just the basics….I'm so glad I bought the various colors when they were available….some colors were only sold for one season….but not to brag…yeah, I guess I’m bragging….but I have black patent, black kid, nude kid(nude #2, nude #4j, nude patent, white kid, white patent, sky patent, pink patent, dune patent, red patent, Hortensia, Ballerina, Antic, Black-red degrade…..and I’m still searching for the unicorns….i so prefer the follies because I can actually walk in them, unlike the So Kate’s…

I don’t think the pigalle follies is discontinued….. but they seem to stop offering new colors, just the basics….I'm so glad I bought the various colors when they were available….some colors were only sold for one season….but not to brag…yeah, I guess I’m bragging….but I have black patent, black kid, nude kid(nude #2, nude #4j, nude patent, white kid, white patent, sky patent, pink patent, dune patent, red patent, Hortensia, Ballerina, Antic, Black-red degrade…..and I’m still searching for the unicorns….i so prefer the follies because I can actually walk in them, unlike the So Kate’s…
He's discontinuing So Kate 120 I think, pigalle follies are still there but only 100mm. I think he's going for the Kate and Sporty Kate now for seasonal colors and the condor heel too. It's like the pigalle 120 all over again. Classics dying out and tall heels are just not in sight. Makes me sooo sad.

Seriously? Does this mean Louboutin will no longer have ANY style with no platform, a 120 mm heel and a pointed toe? That will be quite a loss.

ADDENDUM: Well, I just looked at https://us.christianlouboutin.com/us_en/ladies/shoes/pumps/?heel_height_map=2195 . Good news and bad news: The So Kate is still being sold. The bad news: if they really do discontinue it, then yes, that's it, no more 120 mm heels without a platform. The end of an era.

Unless Louboutin comes along with a new 120 mm heel style without a platform. But there's no sign of that happening.

ADDENDUM: I just called them; they said they are not aware of any plans to discontinue the So Kates; hopefully it was an error or they changed their minds. Or perhaps the rep I spoke to simply didn't know.

Last edited:
Seriously? Does this mean Louboutin will no longer have ANY style with no platform, a 120 mm heel and a pointed toe? That will be quite a loss.

ADDENDUM: Well, I just looked at https://us.christianlouboutin.com/us_en/ladies/shoes/pumps/?heel_height_map=2195 . Good news and bad news: The So Kate is still being sold. The bad news: if they really do discontinue it, then yes, that's it, no more 120 mm heels without a platform. The end of an era.

Unless Louboutin comes along with a new 120 mm heel style without a platform. But there's no sign of that happening.

ADDENDUM: I just called them; they said they are not aware of any plans to discontinue the So Kates; hopefully it was an error or they changed their minds. Or perhaps the rep I spoke to simply didn't know.
We can only hope the So Kate continues for many more years. It seems that the percentage of 120 mm enthusiasts is in decline. I’m not sure how the economy is affecting Louboutin sales overall, they are expensive and I see so many “lower priced” heels… and a lot of ugly clumpy ones. To discontinue the great classic, graceful, and beautiful SKs would be hard to accept.

What!!! I saw Hortensia in So Kate when the color came out, I forget what year. I monitored closely for any other style in that color, and I never saw them. 😡
But I am happy for you lol. it’s such a beautiful color 💜
Love the selection that you own ♥️ I wish I had a nice pink one as well. I sold my Loubi red, I don’t really regret it just once in a while ha ha. I’ve got.Leopard/Latte and Crystalline. (my requisite black patent pointy toe is a Pigalle 100 (in case you’re wondering😁) so I have no excuse for buying it in the PF.

He's discontinuing So Kate 120 I think, pigalle follies are still there but only 100mm. I think he's going for the Kate and Sporty Kate now for seasonal colors and the condor heel too. It's like the pigalle 120 all over again. Classics dying out and tall heels are just not in sight. Makes me sooo sad.
Time for me to go to the boutique and grab myself a pair of so kate in black nappa before they are all sold out 🥺

Hi, the 120mm heel height is for the standard sample size which is usually 37. As the size goes down or up, the heel height is adjusted to match. If you don't do this, the pitch of the style would not be the same across sizes. If you think about it, it would mean if you kept 120mm for larger sizes the pitch would not be as steep and for smaller sizes would be too steep. I am a 35.5 in so kates and it's more around 110mm not 120mm. I hope this helps!
Thank you so much. I am so sorry I disappeared, just thought nobody would chime in. Would you mind showing me how you measure just to be sure? My pair is 117 mm from heel tips to the highest point where they meet the soles at the very back end of the heels. ( I will post pics as soon as I got home, out of town right now)

I would like to second the remarks made by Kat Tiger…..the heel height is defined by a size 37 shoe….as the size goes up or down, the heel height proportionately changes so as to maintain the original shape of the shoes as designed…..so So Kate’s that are less than size 37 will have a heel that measures less than 120 and shoes in sizes 37 and above will measure more than 120…….I see this all the time on resale sites where the seller does not know what they are selling…..I am huge fan of the Pigalle Follies which is a 100mm heel, but in my size of 40.5, the heel will measure more than 100, and the seller will try to claim they are the
So Kate’s despite them actually being the Follies…
Yes the shapes can be very close. I ventured into resale website because CL can be very hard on my feet if they are patent, and I am not sure if I can justify the retail price if I am not going to wear them that often. Even though we all know by now heel heights are graded up or down when shoes go up or down in size just like pattern grading in clothings, it is still hard to figure out how high the heels are in the exact style and size you are looking for.

Kat, Mal and

Kat, Grtlegs, and Mal, are all correct, but 115 mm seems a little too short for a SK 120 since the standard 120 mm is taken from a 37. My newer SK 120s, size 39, consistently measure 121 mm but the pre 2020 examples measure 122 mm and my oldest 123mm. There must have been a slight changes to design pitch. If you have a pair of 36.5 the lowest you should have is 118 mm. I suspect your heels have be “shaved” by three plus mm. That can be done by a skilled cobbler and has to be matched with an appropriate tip. You can “get away” with that, but any more throws the balance and stability of the shoes off. BTW: be sure you are actually measuring your heels properly. The standard is to measure perpendicular from the floor to the point where the heel joins the last at the FRONT of the heel. I’ll try to get a picture of what this looks like.
Thank you so much for sharing all the details and so sorry I was gone for like two weeks 🥺 Really did not expect anyone to answer so did not check in at all and had stomach flu to top it off.

Generally with pre-owned CL I have never heard of anyone having their heels shortened until So Kates. This makes trying to buy them pre-owned a nightmare because original owners tend to avoid disclosing that they had the heels shortened. (I think it is a bad idea… it affects how your weight is distributed on the shoes and your gait and posture)

I would really not want to keep the shoes if I can prove that the previous owner had the heels shaved down a couple milleters. A girl on reddit said her So Kate size 36 heels bought from a boutique in London are about 115mm. Mine are 117mm so I figured that sounds about right

Until I read the part where you said it matters where you read the measurement 😱😱😱

I am still trying to understand what you meant by “the point where the heels join the lasts at the front of the heels”

If you are not too busy, could you point out where it is? I am so sorry still confused 🥺🥺🥺🥺

If I have to return those So Kates at this point it will be a nightmare …

Reactions: Nottwenty
This is what I tried to explain.

So is “the point where the heel meet the last at the front of the heel” where the green arrow points? In this case, referrinf to this pictures, do the heels measure 125mm?”
IMG_7041.jpeg

hi. I don't have a mm ruler, but my so kates are size 35 and are pretty much exactly 5 inches/12 mm (the tape measure isnt completely laying flat). how does the heel tip look on your so kates? I’ve seen when they are altered, it tends to look thicker than the original design.
View attachment 5946927
Thank you so much. Mine are size 36.5, they measure 116- 117 mm from heel tips to the highest point at the very back of the shoes. I will post pictures once I get home so you can see what you think about the heel tips. Still out of town — will be back tomorrow or Saturday. Thanks so much for your response

hi. I don't have a mm ruler, but my so kates are size 35 and are pretty much exactly 5 inches/12 mm (the tape measure isnt completely laying flat). how does the heel tip look on your so kates? I’ve seen when they are altered, it tends to look thicker than the original design.
These are the pictures of the shoes I took a week ago.

IMG_7042.png

We can only hope the So Kate continues for many more years. It seems that the percentage of 120 mm enthusiasts is in decline. I’m not sure how the economy is affecting Louboutin sales overall, they are expensive and I see so many “lower priced” heels… and a lot of ugly clumpy ones. To discontinue the great classic, graceful, and beautiful SKs would be hard to accept.
I hope so too. 120 is perfect actually. To be honest I have not seen anyone walk the 130 without looking like they are trying to walk the 130… the gait seems so unnatural. To each his own I guess but 120 would be my limit without platform.

Reactions: september1985
So is “the point where the heel meet the last at the front of the heel” where the green arrow points? In this case, referrinf to this pictures, do the heels measure 125mm?”
View attachment 5958106
Hi Flying. No, these are a new pair of my size 39 So Kates. In the picture you showed the back of the heel… the other picture shows the front of the heel where it meets the “last”. It is 121 mm which is the actual heel height. The difference between the two pictures is 4 mm. Measuring from the floor to the back of the heel will always give you a higher, and incorrect height. This is a common error in advertising because it is misunderstood and misleading. Louboutin, Casadeis, LeSilla, etc are all measured and advertised correctly, rip-offs…not so much.

If you have a pair of size 36 So Kates that measure 115 mm at the back of the heel, they have been shortened. Another way to check is to place the So Kate on a flat surface and see if the toe points up. The toe should be relatively parallel to the surface.

Parenthetically, the Louboutin “Kate” model, often confused with the “So Kate” and advertised incorrectly on the secondary market as a So Kate, will measure about what you have. Are you sure you have a pair of So Kates?

Hope this helps.

Hello, I've been longing to buy a first pair for quite some time, I'm not an expert at walking in heels so everything more than a 100mm heel is out of the question.

My size for pumps is usually 42.5/43 or even 44 depending of the brand, foot length is 27.1 cm, foot width around 10.2 cm. So rather big girls. My initial choice is Kate 100, but I read that the toe box is mid for wide feet. Second choice is Pigalle 85, apparently the toe box is generous for wide feet even though the heel is a bit thicker which is a slight minus for me.

If I order a Pigalle 85 in 42.5 (which is 27.4cm in fr measurement), will it be enough or do I need to size up?
I'm also open for other models suggestion.

Last edited: