plastic sugery

Does anyone here have any experience trying to breastfeed after having breast surgery? (Particularly implants). I had surgery done for a medical reason, and keep receiving conflicting info about whether or not I'll be able to breast fee (or should breast feed)... we are trying to start a family and now these things are coming up.
I don't regret having the surgery at all and wish I had it earlier... it changed my self esteem for the better as I always felt like I had something "wrong" that I had to make up for. But that's just me, it's not for everyone.

I know several people that have implants and didnt have issues b/f.
All depends on where the insision was done.

Keep in mind there are people that have never had implants and have issues b/f.

AMAZING!
thank you for posting :smile:

I am TOTALLY candid about discussing this, you can ask me anything. If it's too personal I may take it to PM;)

If your friend doesn't have much breast tissue and they do a lift, depending on which lift they do, her breasts could be significantly smaller afterwards.
I always had larger than average breasts for my frame and I nursed all 3 of my children. So my breasts after nursing 3 kids in 4 yrs looked like 'rocks in socks'. I clearly needed a lift as bras are tough to fit into when there's a lot of breast tissue but it's saggy. Plus, I kind of just wanted to regain some of my old physical self back.
I needed a keyhole/anchor lift to lift me enough to make it worth it. My PS discussed the difference in size w/ me and I was uncomfortabel w/ the thought of losing so much breast tissue. It would be a very noticable difference, even in clothing compared to how I looked pre-surgery.
I opted to have implants w/ my lift and I'm now just like I was when I was 20! LOL!
I was scared I'd be too big and I laways had a negative stereo-type about implants. . . it's still really weird to me when I think about having them.
I chose silicone over the muscle and they look and feel completely real, it's astonishing.
Over the muscle was recommended to me because I work out a lot and have a tendency to sag. If you tend to sag and go under the muscle you're more likely to develop 'double bubble' and when you lift weight the implant is distorted and you can feel it and see it.

As far as the stretch marks go, all the stretch marks that were below my belly button or lower are gone! That's the primary place for them so most stretch marks are gone after a tuck. Now, since I carried twins full term and I'm painfully short waisted I had some over the belly button. That skin is now below my belly button and I barely notice it.

I know this is more info than you wanted but I wish more people were willing to talk candidly about it before I had my procedures done.

do you have the ones that are like gummie bears ? Yknow what i mean I think its silicone gel

I was VERY worried about this as I've always had larger natural breasts and something foreign in me seemed REALLY out of the question.
My main concern was how will they feel - to my touch, just walking w/ them, etc. . .

and to be 100% honest, I don't even know they're there. They're SO unbelievably real feeling that they seem just like they did before, just higher! LOL!
Honestly.
I do know silicone feels and appears more natural than saline, so maybe that's why?

Well put! :yes: I wanted to add that these are not generally available to the public. I was part of a case study & you had to meet certain criteria to get the implants. Now recently, the FDA has given the go ahead for Mentor (I think) to market their cohesive gel implants to the public but it's still under strict guidelines. I have Silimed's. There is some info online if you do a search of Cohesive gel/ Gummy bear implants.

they're aval here in canada, andyou dont have to be part of a study. Its just a matter of the doc using them. some prefer saline and thats it. So its best to be aware /ask if he/she has used this type of implant before.

Also with this type if implant you will havea bigger scar compared to using a saline implant. Why? because its solid matter then are putting into you. the size you pick is what you get. With saline its small and has a little bit of saline in before it is inserted into you, once its in place the doctor fills it up to the cc's /size you requested.

I don't think mine are gummy bears. . . they're by mentor and I'm not sure they make them {?}
Depending on your PS, he can pretty much approve anyone who wants silicone over saline for the 'study'. He just has to write the reason, mine was tendency to sag, for whatever reason that got me in! LOL!

i had a full face lift only 2 months ago,,, severe pain and loads of stitches right down each side of my face and head, laser all around my eyes. now it has completely healed but is still slightly numb. at first i was shocked, i didnt realise how big a job it was going to be, but now, i am glad i had it done, now i look 21 again !!! my face is tighter with no wrinkles. it has taken 15 years off my age.

I don't think mine are gummy bears. . . they're by mentor and I'm not sure they make them {?}
Depending on your PS, he can pretty much approve anyone who wants silicone over saline for the 'study'. He just has to write the reason, mine was tendency to sag, for whatever reason that got me in! LOL!

Yeah you just need to find a Dr in the US that is part of the study.. that's what I did. And I qualified because I was 'deformed'... not good for the ego:crybaby: but hey it's the truth. ;)

I can't remember if mine were Mentor or Inamed... and am not sure if they were cohesive or not... geesh, it was only 5 years ago you'd think I'd remember! :rolleyes: Guess I should check my med file...

i have a mole on my neck that i'm going to have removed. my doc said he could do it, but it would scar, so he's referred me to a PS. i've been waiting for months and months to get an appointment through our public health care system and i'm tired of waiting. going to pay to have it done at the same doc's private clinic. we'll see how this goes, i may have others things done in the future..probably after i have children.

I've had 4 moles removed. The 1 on my arm was removed 3 times. It kept growing back. My derm told me to have a PS remove it. Now I have an ugly scar but it's the color of my skin so it doesn't bother me anymore. The scar on my collarbone isn't noticeable at all- my derm scraped that one off. The moles removed from my forehead and back still have some pigment. I hate it! I hate moles, I feel like a chocolate chip cookie.:cursing:

Theoretically, I'm going to get my ears pinned back when I can spare 2.5k and have 2 weeks to recover. I'm 36 soon and have hated them since I was 5 (thanks year 1!:P )

Things like that, though, there's levels of "issues" so, I might just not, to be bloody-minded. <shrugs>

I'll be ready to consider a lower face lift in the next ten years too, and I like my frown lines but may consider letting them chill for a while under Dr Botox....:shame:

Cx