Pink Lovers Come Join Me In A Good Cry Over the 08 Bubblegum Pink News!

As we've all seen from previous threads and experience, there is really no need to become overly excited or traumatized so early on before swatches are even released (or even after, for that matter). A lot of time color speculations usually either hype or downplay a color. It's best to not overly stress ourselves until we see them in IRL.:sweatdrop:

Haven said that, I think all of your pink bbags are amazing gorgeous! :love:Be happy with what you have in the "now" instead of the *possible* future!

Aw Deana,

I'm not a pink girl, but I'd seen your posts about the pink and was excited about the BG 08 for you and all the pink girls...

But don't lose hope sweetie, the swatches aren't out yet, and Balenciaga tweaks colors all the time before production (the Jaune looks a lot lighter than the original swatch, for example). The BG might turn out to a vibrant pink after all!

Aww, Deana - look on the bright side. As a pink lover, you should be excited that TWO pinks will be released this spring - which is mighty generous of Balenciaga. I am sure out of those two, at least one will be a color you are happy with. It may not be what you were expecting, but I have a feeling they will be pretty all the same.

I'm estatic about the 'peach' toned bubblegum because a) it's a little more unexpected. and b) it's different enough to own both my new upcoming LE Magenta City w/GGH AND have a new bubblegum bag!

you know, whether it's bubblegum pink, peach or watermelon, they all sound JUICY and LOVELY to me!! Seriously! I'm looking forward to it, whichever it resembles, none of them disappoints me!

SInce we are going to have 2 pinks, at least that is a very good thing. Tired of browns, blues and greens every single season.
I would love to see either the BG or the magenta be similar to any of these three, especially the first one. :drool:

5h20Hot20Pink.jpg

hotpinkplumeria222.jpg

411957087-23469b.jpg

:tup:
THANKS LADIES!!!! Every single post here has merit, and it's especially fun to see what everyone is thinking the new colors will look like! One thing is for sure, since I bought my first Bbag (05 BG Pink City,btw) in 06, the list that is circulating for S/S 08 is hands down a list I have been more excited about than any other. For that fact alone I am extremely grateful. A pinker magenta, or a watermelon pink sounds divine, and I am super excited over the electric blue as well!
:yes:
Everyone has a different opinion on why 05 BG Pink is prone to fading, and I can only go by my personal experience. Since I have been extra careful in keeping my current BG Pink City (the one pictured in the beginning of this thread) and my BG Pink First out of the direct sunlight for my looonng photos shoots, they have not shown any sign of fading. Now with my first one I am not talking about normal use of walking around window shopping or a bag sitting on a car seat and getting some rays, but some serious hours of sitting in direct sunlight over a 8 month period while I went crazy taking photos of it alone or in groups. It is this use that I feel faded it. I could tell the front got more faded than the back, and I could turn it's tassels over and see the sides facing forward mostly were much more faded than the ones facing toward the back. I would even leave my bags sitting on my balcony why I came in to download the pictures and to look through them to see if I wanted to take more. I know pretty stupid of me, and luckily I was able to get two more pink bags after I had learned the hard way not to do this.
:rolleyes:
To the question of applying apple guard, I didn't apply it to my first one, but I have done so to the ones I have now. Regarding spf protection, I went searching on the web for a spf leather protector but never found one.
:P
As for the speculation on the upcoming colors, I guess this is a hazard of getting leaked lists for upcoming collections, it's gives us that much longer to stew over what the colors will be like! Thank goodness we have eachother to bounce our opinions off of, and to calm one another down when we start to panic! Thanks again, to everyone!
:graucho:

Don't fret guys, balenciaga hasnt made an ugly pink yet, I bet this one will surprise you! I love peach color, thats the color of my favorite blush by Benefit!
images

I think a pinkier bubble gum may be more the color of
images

I think that's pretty!

Peach ???
My SA told me it was more a "Barbie Pink":confused1:...
:okay:
I for one will keep my fingers crossed that your SA is right!!! It seems until the officail word is released from Bal, NY along with a color chart, we won't know for sure what the colors will look like!
:sweatdrop:
But we can have fun guessing!
:yes:

Deana:

I hear ya girl!! As someone who JUST recently discovered Balenciaga... a few years too late for the 05 colors... one of my HG bags is a BG pinK!! It does seem odd that they would use the same name if a past color if it were quite different... hmmmm

One can just keep fingers crossed that regardless of the name - hype - or rumours.. it will be a GORGEOUS color!! I know that I'm hoping for a WONDERFUL PLEASANT surprise when it comes out!!:yes:

I'm also excited about the 08 magenta!!! Just acquired an 05 (luv luv) and I'm NOT one on the list for the LE ---- so another Magenta ... especially if it's "pinker" will be in MY future!!;)