Pink Lovers Come Join Me In A Good Cry Over the 08 Bubblegum Pink News!

i can't wait to see the swatch because i have always loved the bubblegum pink and am kicking myself for not buying one i could of two years ago for an amazing price. but i would not be terribly dissapointed if the new pink was like any of these shades... they all have hints of peach to them i think but still stay true to "bubblegum"

Attachments

• z-bubblegumpink.jpg
    z-bubblegumpink.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 27
  • z-bubblegumpink1.jpg
    z-bubblegumpink1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 31
  • z-bubblegumpink2.jpg
    z-bubblegumpink2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 41
i can't wait to see the swatch because i have always loved the bubblegum pink and am kicking myself for not buying one i could of two years ago for an amazing price. but i would not be terribly dissapointed if the new pink was like any of these shades... they all have hints of peach to them i think but still stay true to "bubblegum"

I would be all over the colors you have shown here! A pretty, girlie, barbie/baby pink, no matter what shade it lean towards...peach, watermelon, or 05 BG Pink!!!
:graucho:
I put together a collage of colorful pictures with pics of a couple of my Bbags in the shaking and waking thread, and my favorite is perfect for this thread as well, so I added it here. If you want to see the other collages or add some of your own, I will attach the link below. The bags pictured here are my 04 Light Turquoise First, and my 05 Bubblegum Pink First and City...

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_9920.jpg
wmtourmaline.jpg

IMG_9901-2.jpg
153729433_7a1d0392b9.jpg
IMG_9915-3.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/hey-ladies-join-me-shaking-waking-bal-forum-160140-23.html

I saw a picture and a swatch of the Bubblegum Pink (and I remember the *original* as I saw it in London and wasn't a fan).

The color I saw looked exactly like the Bazooka gum ... a true Bubblegum pink. That's why I'm really surprised that others have seen a different color!

Believe it or not ... the Bubblegum Pink color will be available in the Matelasse!!

My main concern, and the main reason why I have not purchased a pink Bbag is the "yellowing" effect. However I cannot resist thinking about the new 08 spring BG color. I did a search and it appears that the color "bubblegum" can range anywhere from a pale pink to a fuchsia color. But if you say the 08 BG will be more peachy then perhaps it will look like this

Attachments

• Encens&Bubblegum2-thumb.jpg
    Encens&Bubblegum2-thumb.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 44
  • bubblegum.jpg
    bubblegum.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 32
I saw a picture and a swatch of the Bubblegum Pink (and I remember the *original* as I saw it in London and wasn't a fan).

The color I saw looked exactly like the Bazooka gum ... a true Bubblegum pink. That's why I'm really surprised that others have seen a different color!

Believe it or not ... the Bubblegum Pink color will be available in the Matelasse!!

i would be so happy if it was a true bubblegum color... i have been lusting for a twiggy in the pink but i really don't want a used bag. maybe others saw a more peachy color because of the color of the screen or the lighting in the room because even the original bubblegum seems peachy in the right light

I saw a picture and a swatch of the Bubblegum Pink [...]

Where is it that you got to see swatches so far in advance? I'm getting really impatient for these to finally make an appearance!!! Now I gotta go Google "Bazooka" ... ;)

Deana --thanks for the droolworthy pics of Turquoise '04 ... love it!! My Turq '04 twiggy was the first Bbag my daughter ever actually had to *hug* upon first sight. ;)

My main concern, and the main reason why I have not purchased a pink Bbag is the "yellowing" effect. However I cannot resist thinking about the new 08 spring BG color. I did a search and it appears that the color "bubblegum" can range anywhere from a pale pink to a fuchsia color. But if you say the 08 BG will be more peachy then perhaps it will look like this

You'll be happy to know that 06 Pale Rose is the pink color that is known to yellow, 05 BG Pink is not. I have had 3 05 BG Pink bags, two City's and a First, and none have yellowed. My first City did fade some but it was not a splotchy fade, it did not have any yellowing, and it was still a pretty color. The only way you could truly tell it faded, was when it was next to my others. I regardless what other's think, I believe the many hours I kept it sunbathing in direct CA sunshine for all my photo shoots, was the main cause of the fading. I will show pics below of the fading.

I will be over the moon, and floating in a sea of BG Pink leather if 08 BG Pink is the color of Bazooka Bubbegum!!!

Thanks fiat! I love the color of the 04 Turq too, and I think it looks divine with BG Pink. I think the BG Pink/ 04 Lt Turq/ and White braided accessory is one of the prettiest I have ever made!!! And what a stroke of luck to have found that pretty eye to add to my collage!

This is a current picture of my City and First. The First was purhcased in March, and the City in May. One thing to ponder...obviously all the 05 BG Pink bags were made in 05 (I know, duh!) and these two I purchased below were both stored and unused until I purchased them. My first Pink City, was slightly used and had no fading when I bought it. So something is contributing to the fading if they can stay in storage for 2 years, and come out looking brand new!
IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_7460.jpg

05-16-07015.jpg

05-16-07019.jpg

06-08-07029.jpg

06-08-07083.jpg

You'll be happy to know that 06 Pale Rose is the pink color that is known to yellow, 05 BG Pink is not. I have had 4 05 BG Pink bags, two City's and two First's, and none have yellowed. My first City did fade some but it was not a splotchy fade, it did not have any yellowing, and it was still a very pretty color. The only way you could truly tell it faded, was when it was next to my other bags, or when pictured with the mirror and shoulder strap. Regardless of the many opinions regarding fading, I believe the many many hours I kept it sunbathing in direct CA sunshine for all my photo shoots, was the main cause of the fading. I will show pics below of the fading.

I personally will be over the moon, and floating in a sea of BG Pink leather if 08 BG Pink is the color of Bazooka Bubbegum!!!

Thanks fiat! I love the color of the 04 Turq too, and I think it looks divine with BG Pink. I think the BG Pink/ 04 Lt Turq/ and White braided accessory is one of the prettiest I have ever made!!! And what a stroke of luck to have found that pretty eye to add to my collage!

This is a current picture of my City and First. The First was purhcased in March, and the City in May. One thing to ponder...obviously all the 05 BG Pink bags were made in 05 (I know, duh!) and these two I purchased below were both stored and unused until I purchased them. My first Pink City, was slightly used and had no fading when I bought it over a year ago. So something is contributing to the fading if they can stay in storage for 2 years, and come out looking brand new!
IMG_0104.jpg

Below is my first City, which I have since sold...
IMG_7460.jpg

The City I had the longest is above and on the right in both group shots below. These were taken after I had the bag for over a year, and I used in quite often during that time.
05-16-07015.jpg

It seems the front is slightly more faded than the back, which again would lead to the conclusion that sun had contributed to the fading...
05-16-07019.jpg

The two pictures of the back and bottom of the bag were taken for posting the bag on ebay. They show that although the bag had slight fading, it was a uniform color, and still quite pretty. Deffinitely no sign of yellowing...
06-08-07029.jpg

06-08-07083.jpg

Picturing it with the mirror and shoulder strap was the best way to show the fading...
IMG_7891.jpg

I hope this at least clears up the fading and yellowing worries. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that soon all who want one, can have a pretty pink Bbag, brand new!!!

Oops, so sorry. I somehow posted the one before this while I was still typing it, and I just saw it after I put the finished one up. If there is a mod around who could help me. Please remove the post above this one or post #54. Thanks much!!!

Thanks for this lovely thread Deana. It has put the oompf! back into Pink! Can I add that I spoke to BalNY today and the latest update is that they haven't seen the SS08 swatches since March. I was told that (from their best memories) the new 08 colours all seemed to be more "washed out" than the original colours of 05 BG Pink and 07 French Blue. ie. the 08 colours are paler more pastel-like. From the description of BG Pink that was given to me, it sounds like it may look like the pic of the teddy bear above (thanks for posting lingsui)...Anyway, this is probably just re-interpreting what Deana and ICB have already said in all their previous posts. Any extra info is good info right?

Thanks for this lovely thread Deana. It has put the oompf! back into Pink! Can I add that I spoke to BalNY today and the latest update is that they haven't seen the SS08 swatches since March. I was told that (from their best memories) the new 08 colours all seemed to be more "washed out" than the original colours of 05 BG Pink and 07 French Blue. ie. the 08 colours are paler more pastel-like. From the description of BG Pink that was given to me, it sounds like it may look like the pic of the teddy bear above (thanks for posting lingsui)...Anyway, this is probably just re-interpreting what Deana and ICB have already said in all their previous posts. Any extra info is good info right?
:yes:
Absolutely KDC! I hope that everyone will come post what they know, what they think they know, and any news or opinions re-hashed or not, in this thread. It's one of the great things about the pf, is to meet gals with like-minds (as most other people in our lives think were insane and want to kill us if we mention the word Balenciaga one more time in their presence), so when there is no official swatches or pictures available, we can pacify ourselves with discussions and photos of our own.
:tup:
With my last thread above (#55), I was at least hoping to ease everyones minds over fading and yellowing of BG Pink. I agree with ff in that I am hoping for a vibrant color regardless of what shade of pink it is. However, I have to believe it won't be as pale or washed out as 06 Pale Rose, and even if it's closer to my more faded City above, it has to be prettier and more vibrant just for the fact that it will be a new bag and not a leather that is over 2 years old.
:heart:
I say once it is released instead of just having a pf-er Balenciaga conferance, we could get every pink lover and their pink bags together! Mmmm a vision of one of my photo sessions has popped into my head with 20 or so pink bags in one shot! "Deana falls on the floor in a faint"!