Painful memories, would you sell your H stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CB, I was too wondering where you've been..and so sorry to hear this is what it turns out..
please stay strong. you WILL get through it eventually...it's not easy, but I know you will !
As for the H.. I'd get rid of it if it reminds you of the past..and follow your heart ..
**Big Hug*****
and please remember we all here for you whenever you need us !
STAY STRONG !

I'm so sorry, and really don't know what to say to you. Regarding the H. items, whatever is painful for you to look at right now, put in a box in a closet. Let some time go by and re-evaluate how you feel about them in the future. Never should act rashly at times of sudden emotional upheavals because that is when the most mistakes are made. You know that you have all of our best wishes and support :heart:

I second gracekelly's suggestion. My thoughts are with you.

OMG CB! I am so upset for you....but you sound amazing and strong and as positive as ever....my thoughts are with you...give yourself some time and I'm sure you'll make a decision that will suit you and the future awaiting....hugs cb!

OMG, I'm so sorry...

Take some time before deciding what to do with your stuff. Once again, my heart felt condolences for your dreadful ordeal.

*HUGS*

I'm here if you ever need to PM me, okay?

Hugs from me..keep strong. I'm not speaking from any experience about H bags etc, but I have been through divorce.

When I was first surprised with the fact that my then husband was leaving (well, to his parents house, but leaving nonetheless) I was struck by the impulse to say "Hey, you - you don't want me? I don't want any of your ****ing gifts either" and had to restrain myself from practically throwing his gifts after him as he was heading out the door.

Since that would be too undignified I then proceeded to get rid of stuff like jewellery that he had given me. What happened was that I was in such a hurry to not see them any more that I sold / gave them away for a fraction of their worth, just so I could cleanse myself. My mother kept some of the stuff because she thought that I was just being stupid in trying to get rid of it.

A few years later, ex is out of my life and there is a new person in it. I looked at whatever stuff my mother has prevented me from selling and found that having those things did not disturb me anymore. In fact I still sometimes wear my former engagement ring (an aquamarine) as a dress ring! And I realised that ex had good taste, so the clothes and the jewellery looked just as good as they had done before.

What I'm trying to say is, I truly understand your feeling the need to be rid of everything. But being in too much of a hurry may cause you losses both emotionally and financially. So go slow....who knows...in a year or so we may see crochetbella happily wearing her bags again...

cb, I am so sorry and mad for you to hear this. Divorce is miserable during the process even if you're the one who wants it. I would not worry anything about the small stuff right now and get a good lawyer, and get through the divorce. After the last paper is signed and you're on your own, take a deep breath and think about where you see yourself in another year. Then look over your gifts from your ex-husband and add up all the money you can get out of him one last time and go buy yourself something from you. Keep checking in with us, we can support you through this.

CB,

I can't imagine how hard this is on you. If S'mom knows you well, then she is right. However, I do want to build upon what Loren mentioned.....

Be careful about when you sell any items of value and make sure you speak to the lawyer first before you sell anything.

A friend of mine went through a divorce a few years ago. I am hoping yours would not be as nasty as his, however, when his divorce was going on, his wife claimed itms of his were collectibles that they found together, while he claimed they were gifts from her. If they are gifts you are entitled to do whatever you want...however if the other part states they were a collection you were building together, then they could be split equally as assets.

Just being practical...please speak to a lawyer before you get rid of any valuables accumulated during the marriage.:heart:

Crochetbella, I'm so sorry to hear about your painful ordeal. I second Gracekelly's suggestion. Take some time to re-evaluate before you decide what to do with those H items. We love you & we'll always be here for you!

*BIG Hugs* :heart:

CB- I am not married so I am relunctant or more at a loss on what advice to give. My cybershoulder is here for you if you need one cry on and you can always PM if you just need to vent or whatever!! I'm sorry to here such news!! Hugs to you! :heart:

Dear CB,
I don't have any advice about what to do with your bags because others have made so many good points and looked at the situation from so many angles. In the end it will be your decision.
I just want you to know that my thoughts are with you and I am sending you a lot of encouragement for your future. I can only imagine how difficult this time must be for you but I also know that things that hurt always instruct and that out of your pain will come great strength and one day you will look back on this time and be so proud of yourself for getting through it (and, with vintage Kelly in hand, I can see it). And yes, I totally understand how that thought of yourself dressed beautifully with your future Kelly would help you now. It is a vision of hope for the future, that you are going to make it, and when you think that, you are on your way to achieving it.

CB, I'm very sorry you are so sad. It breaks my heart when someone is sad. I wish I could help some way.

On the H items, my vote would be to wait a few months and if it still makes you sick to look at the things, sell them and buy the bag that makes your heart sing. Do it for yourself.

I know at a time of sadness, there are so many "what ifs." But what if this has happened to clear the way for a really GREAT man, someone who will treasure you for who YOU are, to enter your life? I believe when the time is right, that is what will happen and why this is happening now.

I'll be sending you big hugs now when I think of you.

When I feel especially down I visualize myself in a fabulous dress/heels/carrying a gorgeous Kelly without a care in the world. :girlsigh: It may sound silly but it helps!!! ;)

I :heart: you all so much! Thank you for your support!

and i look forward to seeing you in a fabulous dress/heels
carrying a gorgeous kelly
without a care in the world! :winkiss:
sounds FABULOUS! :kiss:

be very gentle with yourself, one day at a time. :flowers:
you deserve it! :tender:

xoxo

H, I'm sorry to hear this sad news. I hope you're taking good care of yourself during these trying times. I know you are a strong lady, so hang in there!

Regarding your H things, it sounds like D knows where your heart is -- so I'm in agreement with her - get that special vintage kelly at some point down the road.

Lots of hugs to you!:heart: I'm only a pm away...

Status
Not open for further replies.