Painful memories, would you sell your H stuff?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone!
    I haven't been posting much lately because I have been going through some rough times. My husband told me he wants to get a divorce. I am devastated but strong and I know I will be ok in the end.

So my question is...everything I have from H I associate with him as they were gifts and the stuff reminds me of the great times (I thought) we were having together. Now everytime I look at my H stuff I feel like I can't touch it. :crybaby: Would you sell it or do you think this too shall pass and I should hold on to it? :shrugs:

I know for sure when I get a job and am back on my feet again I am going to buy myself a vintage Kelly. :yes: That dream keeps me going!

2. hi CB!

i am sorry you are going through a rough time right now :sad: i think if the H items you see do give you a sad feeling inside, it won't be so bad to part with them and use the money to get that vintage kelly, make some new good memories. on the other hand, maybe giving it some time and perspective might convince you that you can hold on to some items and feel some positives from them. i suppose it depends on how much time you want to give the whole process!

good luck! i'm rooting for you!

3. I'm so sorry, and really don't know what to say to you. Regarding the H. items, whatever is painful for you to look at right now, put in a box in a closet. Let some time go by and re-evaluate how you feel about them in the future. Never should act rashly at times of sudden emotional upheavals because that is when the most mistakes are made. You know that you have all of our best wishes and support :heart:

4. Oh CB, I've been wondering where you've been. Now that I know, I wish I was sitting right next to you so I could give you a huge hug.:heart: :flowers: :heart: I don't know if your feelings will necessarily change everytime you look at these items. A small part of me feels as if you may want to wait before you make any decisions you could regret. After all, these were gifts, and the beauty of Hermes could override the sad memories.

On the other hand, you could pull an Ellen Barkin :boxing: and purge and start anew. This could be a wonderful beginning for you, and in looking forward to that vintage Kelly would always serve as a lovely reminder of who you are inside--a strong, wonderful, kind, beautiful, & thoughtful woman. CB, you have been one of the nicest members on this board...you deserve the best! :heart:

5. Personally I would just wait till some of the sting and shock passes. Decisions as important as this are difficult to make when you are raw.

I'm terribly sorry this has happened to you.

6. I am so sorry. You do sound quite strong and heading down the right path.
    I would pack them away for a year. See how you feel then. You may find yourself in a totally different state of mind.
    They say not to make big decisions in the wake of life altering events. Maybe you have enough to deal with right now.
    Take care.

7. OH, CB, I am so sorry to hear this. I am so so sorry you are going through this. DAMN!!!!!!!!

My thoughts are with you....

Well, you specifically asked about H, I can only say what I would do if it were me---I agree with the rest of the lovely ladies here...

I would give it some time. If you cant bear to look at them, maybe you can put them away for a bit until you can evaluate your feelings when things have calmed down some.

When you are less raw, many of your feelings will change, not just your feelings about H...

When you are ready, that vintage kelly will find you, either as an addition to your collection or the start of a whole new one, and we will cheer for you no matter what....

Much aloha to you, from one CB to another!!!:heart: :heart: :heart:

8. Dear Crochetbella, my heart goes out to you - I've been there. Divorce is just awful, I won't sugarcoat it and say anything else. Take care of yourself and I very much hope you have friends and family nearby who will be a support to you at this time.

I am torn about what to tell you. I would say, don't just get rid of them without another plan - could you sell them and get one killer Hermes item that will remind you of your strength and courage as you move into your new life?

If that idea doesn't appeal to you, I do agree you should put them away and not do anything rash right this minute - wait until the roller coaster comes to a stop before exiting the ride!

All the best to you, and a big virtual hug!

9. CB, I am stunned and SO, so sorry for you. I agree with the other ladies that you should wait it out for awhile.
    That vintage Kelly will be a symbol of a whole new, fabulous CB era!
    <<<<<<BIG, HUGE cyber hug>>>>>>>>>

10. Hi CB -

So sorry to hear this - I wish I had some words of wisdom. All I can offer are my thoughts and best wishes.

As for the Hermes stuff...give it some time - you may want to purge and get something fab, or maybe you'll keep one special thing. I think it's too early to make a rush decision - you need time to heal.

All the best...

11. Dear Ms. CB:

I haven't speak to you before, but reading you thread, pls forgive me to be rational...

DON'T sell them!!!

I've once read a fellow pfer, got a divorce, her ex frozen all of the assest and bank account. If it wasn't because of her H collection, she would of been living on the street!!!

I am NOT sure if you are getting any alimony or 1/2 of the marital assest, but these H items might just be your 'EMERGENCY cash'?!!! So, don't sell it unless you really really need to!!!

If he doesn't appreciate you anymore, then I am sure someone out there deserve you MORE!!!

You have to be STRONG because you need to LOVE yourself!!!

We might NOT be much of a help to you at this moment, but we will be here to hear out any happiness and sadness you have, pls. don't let your friends down and AGAIN, LOVE YOURSELF!!!

Take care,
    Morgan

12. Crochetbella, I am so sorry to hear about this!!!
    I also think it's better to wait and decide on what to do with your things at later time.
    My thoughts are with you **big cyber hug** :flowers:

13. Oh crochetbella! How sad I am for you. I remember your husband going shopping to H with you, and treating you with presents. I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this.

And I agree with the others...box them up for now, and put them out of sight - but don't sell them. As Morgan remembers, Lilach said she would have been on the streets while all of the assets were frozen, if not for her bags. Hang on tight, and I hope you have smooth ride either to reconciliation or a beautiful new life. My thoughts are with you.

14. I was wondering where you were CB!

I am so sorry hon *big hugz* And you are right, you will survive! I say wait a bit to decide on selling those H items. You may regret it one day!!!

15. You are a strong, beautiful woman with a kind heart. I know, I read what you write when you know no one is judging you. Here, we are all sisters.

Unified through a love for something beautiful, but you know, more and moreI don't think that beautiful thing is always Hermes. It's us. Sisters. We all love different things but that fact that we buy Hermes means fundamentally, we love OURSELVES. And the only thing you need in your life, really, is you.

You are the beautiful thing that comes first. Before loved ones, jobs, things... YOU are the first, the beautiful thing that must always be on your mind. YOU are the reason you do everything else.

So right now, take care of YOU. Don't sweat Hermes. It will always love you when you're ready for it. It is a joy when you can look at it, not before. Until then, put it all in an orange box and put it away. Nothing should make you feel less right now, real or perceived.

Because YOU are what's beautiful and really worth something right now. Focus on YOU.

Good luck - my heart and prayers and good wishes are with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.