Opinions wanted

I agree with Shopmom that it will look like a reference section. Personally, I don't care if anyone puts two and two together and figures out who I am IRL. I really don't. For members that do care, I think maybe waiting a few weeks after buying a new item and then posting it would be the best solution. Just my two cents.

So if someone buys let's say a Kelly bag at X boutique from Y SA and posts it someone :graucho: will read that and call or go to X boutique and tell them that that person is a reseller? What the f___ is that?

gina_b i meant to be perfectly safe and responsible, as jag suggested, in their regular posts, ppl would all have to drop links to blogs etc. not to be anonymous but to basically make their regular posts here on tPf as anonymous as possible.

So if someone buys let's say a Kelly bag at X boutique from Y SA and posts it someone :graucho: will read that and call or go to X boutique and tell them that that person is a reseller? What the f___ is that?

Something like that or whatever other method of backstabbing they could come up with. It's pretty sad. OTOH, I think it's sad that *H* would just dump a client because of some vicious, unsubstantiated gossip or bad-mouthing. I find that even more disturbing.

gina_b i meant to be perfectly safe and responsible, as jag suggested, in their regular posts, ppl would all have to drop links to blogs etc. not to be anonymous but to basically make their regular posts here on tPf as anonymous as possible.

Then I read your post wrong -- sorry!

I'm sure some people would still want to keep links to their blogs etc up someplace, and everyone has a different DEFCON levels of security and privacy. But at least a new anonymous subforum would be a place to share for those with really high DEFCON H-posting alerts on in their heads. It's a really nice option to have.

I am so impressed that Vlad, Megs and the Mods are spending spare time thinking about this; I just don't think I would get anything out of an anon. thread. I love the ref. thread and love looking at bag pictures so if the point were to keep pictures coming and let folks be anonymous then that sounds like a good idea. If I'm the one who bought something and took the trouble to show it off, I'd attach my nickname to it...

I'd still want to watermark my photos to protect them - so that seems like it would blow the anonymous part... ?

it's called a different thread

lol

sorry, couldn't resist.
but seriously, better to add your well-founded disgust on that "disgusted" thread and then come back here with your thoughts on vlad's proposition.