Opinions wanted

I, for one, would love to be able to share things in an absolutely anonymous way. I haven't participated in the "Hermes in Action" thread nor have I posted my collection for fear of any harm coming either to me or anyone around me. I have been the victim of robbery and identity theft in the past and am admittedly overly cautious.

I welcome the idea of a little corner where we could post with more safety even if it is just "imagined safety".

Thank you VLAD for continuing to try to think of ways where we can feel safer in addition to actually being safer by our own acts of discretion. :dothewave:

So...if we didn't care about posting new goodies under our normal username, could we continue to do so in the normal Hermes forum? We don't *have* to post in the anon section, right? Because I'm not giantly fond of the anon deal. If that's how it is, just an added subforum for people who want to be anon but people can still post their goodies outside of that subforum under their usernames, that's fine by me I suppose.

IMHO, allowing anon posting quite often creates problems/drama...but maybe my viewing luck isn't that great.

THis is just to provide another option or way to post. You can post under your regular user name, or go to the private/anon area and post there. Your choice.

I've a suggestion for the anonymous sub-forum - that if a member really wants to be anonymous, to be mindful of your pictures' backdrop. otherwise, it's still very easy for the nasty to put 2 and 2 together as to who the anonymous poster is and what she has recently acquired. JM2CW

Vlad, how nice of you to try to figure out a way to encourage people to post pics. IMHO viewing pictures is one of the major enjoyments of being on a forum such as this.

I don't have a strong opinion either way regarding the anonymous posting. Whatever is decided I hope people will continue to post pics of their gorgeous bags that I totally love drooling over!

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies...

Now is the time to speak up because Vlad is listening and giving of his time and efforts to just us! There are problems in our subforum and he wants to make something work if we want it.

He will never take away what we already have and if you still want to openly post you can. However, if you don't post and many of us are included in that...ask yourself? Would you, if he created this new subforum?

It would give people a chance to post who are more private, but might like to share all of their bags we have never seen. You can watermark without using your forum name.

Anyway, please give input one way or the other and try not to say you don't care. He would like to know.

Welllllll.......I guess an anonymous sub-section of our sub-forum wouldn't hurt.....but here's the thing. Part of the fun of showing your stuff is the sharing of it with others who "know" you. I love to see what DQ finds (she's a bloody Hermes detective!!!) and I have a blast with my comments 'cause I know how she'll take things. (Sorry DQ for using you as the example....)

I suppose if I have the choice of blasting my pics across the world or using an alias I'd probably choose the first option because the truth is, the minute I open my mouth (write stuff) you guys'll know who I am anyway......LOL!!!!

and if I ever want to see ANY of HG's stuff I already know I'm gonna have to fly across the country and spend a week inside her closet!!!!!!!!!

if things do get unpleasant as a result of the cloak of anonymity, as neeya foresees, how would the mods regulate that? how could they track and then ban (and hard!) those people who might still try to ruin things for the rest of us?
as someone who has been spooked due to recent events and the rude awakening that there is an unpleasant side to tPf, or i should say, forums in general, i don't know that i would get much pleasure posting anonymously. i feel i connect with my tpf friends and we have all developed a history, etc. that effects what and how we post, and how we respond to those posts. i do support the idea as we ought to at least try it on a trial basis. what's the harm. and i am grateful that Vlad is giving the issue his time.
i'm not sure if it's the solution for my new concerns, but it might be the sad reality we've been forced to consider.
by the way, any way to make it harder to join? so sad that my mind goes to building walls when i've just now finally started to be especially comfortable on tPf.

Does that mean that those who don't own Hermes or plan on owning H soon cannot participate? :confused1: I love looking at the Hermes bags the gang here posts even though I can't share back. I'm still thrilled they are excited and I'm excited for their new acquistions. :yahoo:

There are a couple of ways to take care of the recent problems.

First and foremost, you should feel free to post your bags wherever- just don't divulge too much personal information. IF you only say "look at my new BJ Birkin" rather than "look at what I just got from Hermes in blah blah blah" you shouldn't have any issues at all.

As for the anonymous forum, maybe only the mods could see who is who. That way way can still patrol it. I for one am not sure how I feel but I say a trial basis can't hurt. We can see how everyone likes it, if they even use it, and take it from there.