Okay...am I being silly?

So I thought about this and then realized my brother has a number with 666 in it. I never even realized or made the connection. I wouldnt be bothered and personally I dont think too many people would pick up on it. As I have never even heard him mention anything about it.

I would only change it if I was too darn tired of hearing people saying that line over and over again. I'm a Christian too. Its just a number. Doesn't bother me. But I personally would get tired of the comments.

In the immortal words of Maya Denise Wilkes, "Oh Hell No."

I would change the number.

My SO once brought some beer in here that had a big, scary picture of the devil on it. I think it might have been a promo for Halloween or something. Anyhoo, when I opened the refrigerator door and saw a big 'ole bottle of Satan beer, everybody within earshot got 'buked and scorned that fine Sunday morning. He had to get that thing up outta here and fast. (He's so cheap he chugged it!!! but that's another story). I'm not an obviously religious person but for some reason I am very sensitive to the symbolism.
And I realize it's weird. But even if people make fun and call me the crazy "gargoyles" lady from "Trading Spouses" I don't care. No devil pictures in my house and no triple sixes for me please. kthanks.

It's dark-sided I tells ya!!! LOL ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCODIhAXbQM

If it bothers you, then change it. It will be a little painful having to notify all your contacts about the number change but that will soon pass. I did the same thing (got a new cell# after having mine for over 6 years after my split with BF, as my # had gotten migrated onto his account and I wanted to break free and start fresh). Believe me, those that knew me had no problem switching to the new #.

If it bothers you enough to mention it, you might as well change it.... but then you'll have to update your contact info with your friends/family and financial companies (banks, credit cards, etc.).

I have friends who like "8" in their phone number (some sort of good luck thing in Chinese custom).

I don't think most people would really care if you mentioned that there were 666's in your phone number. It's probably easier to memorize! (My gate code to my complex is 69 which my friends seem to easily memorize!)

I used to have a number that ended in 666. When I got it changed the girl changed it to another number with 666 at the end that was similiar so it was easy to remember. I kinda liked it. I also worked for a firm that had 666 at the end of the number around that time. Hmmmm....maybe I'm the devil. Never brought any bad luck or anything though.

after having that number for a year, I don't think I would change it just because the hassle would be too big. this is probably the reason my cell phone is still an Atlanta area code, even though I've lived in Chicago and now in DC since then.

Are you Nero incarnate? Because that's the only significance of the number 666 -- it's allusion to the Emperor Nero and his persecution of Christians. The Book of Revelations, where this number first got its association with evil, was recorded in Aramaic by John, then translated to Greek and Hebrew (and a thousand years later, into English), which is how the number comes about. Hebrew letters all have a numerical equivalent and so 'Nero Caesar' written in its seven Hebrew equivalents give us the value of 666, in summation. Voila! Disfigured by time and retelling, 666 became the mark of evil, when John meant it as an allusion to Nero, specifically.

So, if you're going to be believe in it (whatever "it" is), find out its history so that you believe in the root and the truth, not the shadow or the mirage.

So if you're not Nero (lookin' good for your age! ;)) or his incarnate (which, if you believe in the idea, makes you non-Christian anyway), 666 should hold no meaning to you. :nogood: Therefore, if anyone tells you that your number should be changed because of its association with the Bible, ask them to clarify. And if they can't tell you why, you can give 'em a short little history lesson. :yes: