Okay...am I being silly?

1. Sometimes I think that I want to change my phone number. The reason why: it contains three 6s in a row, and sometimes I feel weird telling it to people. Occasionally I'm teased because of it, i.e. "Ooooh, you got that number for a reason." I've had this number for over a year now, and I'm just now starting to be bothered by it to the point where I want to change it. When the company first assigned me that number I didn't ask for a different one because I didn't think it was a big deal.

If you had a phone number, say, 555-266-6013 (I made that up, but mine is similar), would you change it? Or is the so-called "number of the beast" or whatever irrelevant to you, personally?

2. I really don't think I would worry about it at all.

3. I always thought about that, and that is something that I would personally change. I always thought that if I got a license plate issued to me that had 3 sixes, I would get another one. A friend of mine once lived at a house with that number.:oh: But my personal thing is I would get it changed.

4. If it were 666-5687 or something, then I might be a bit bothered by it. I wouldn't worry about it, but if it bothers you that much, then you should get your number changed.

5. Funny, I have a friend who is a Christian and he has had a number in Los Angeles that starts with 666 for about 25 years. I asked him once and his feeling was that geez, it is just a phone number, too much trouble to worry about it.

6. being an old rock chick, I'd actually prefer a number like that. lol :p

but seriously, though, it's just a number and it wouldn't bother me. several like numbers on a row makes it easier to remember :flowers: but if it bothers you, why not change it. it's not a big deal either way, IMO.

7. I wouldn't find it to be a big deal. I don't believe in superstitions.
    Change it only if it really, really bothers you.

8. I think that the majority of people don't really pick up on the three 6s when I tell them my number, but you know, every now and then it happens. LOL I have had a superstitious friend or relative or two say, "Why would you want to keep that number?" And in the past I'd always say..."It's no big deal." I do admit, though, if it was an isolated number, like on a license plate or a house number, and not thrown in with some other numerals, I would change it. However, of my girlfriends who was all, "Girl, change your number!" is in the superstitious minority; if she buys something, and it totals $6.66, she'll add something else to her purchase. That may be taking it a bit too far.

LOL Thanks for the replies so far, they helped!

9. this reminds me of when I would get Jack in the box.... the total would always come out to be 6.66 and I automatically thought my food would be tainted haha

10. I wouldn't care at all. I'm atheist btw, the devil or 666 has no significance or impact on me whatsoever.

11. If it's like 266-6012 then no. If it was 666-1023 or whatever, then *maybe*, haha. I think a few providers offer to change your phone number once for free, or they charge you like $10 or something. If I remember right, anyway. :rolleyes:

12. I guess it would not bother me... but those kinds of things just don't bother me.

13. Having such a phone number would be awesome LOL. I personally wouldn't change it. Unless it really bothers you much, then do what's best for yourself!!

14. See now the more I look at it rationally the less it bothers me...kind of. LOL Wish I could be less bothered about it like Megs and the rest of you guys, but my mom was incredibly superstitious and I guess it somewhat rubbed off on me. Having a superstitious boyfriend also contributes to the worry. Good answers, though, thanks; I'm leaning towards just keeping it!

15. LOL! I am kind of like that, but I consider myself superstitious with a lot of things.