Oh My God Saks F&f Made Me Buy Roma #3

I received it yesterday (late) and am mulling it over. The plus is it is an unusual color, not white, more of a pale gray. I asked hubby if he thought bag looked white and he said no. My pros and cons, its a beautiful color, the lining is to die for, what I would describe as a gorgeous periwinkle blue, &the great sale price, I just hate paying retail. The cons, I have alot of white/off white and a gorgeous Chloe anaconda tote in mastic (very similar color) that I don't use nearly enough ( with the addition of this bag it would be even less). With the really pale color bags the pebbling in some of the leather strips (which I'm sure is normal) is more obvious than the darker colors. Some strips are very smooth, others have some striations in it. I'm a little nervous about dirtying the handles especially. I thought about ordering a second one just to compare the leather, but its sold out in marmo at saks. My last con, is that it would be my 3rd bag in this style. After seeing that ottone sloane I've been giving that one a lot of thought.

I'll take some pictures and post and get your opinions, but it really looks very much like the the photos on Saks, when you do the zoom on them you can see the differences in the leather strips.

If I keep it, I may need this tiny marmo lipstick case on ebay. I've never seen this, its adorable. Does anyone know the retail? Its a shame they didn't use that blue lining!

Attachments

• bv marmo lipstick.jpg
    bv marmo lipstick.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 54
Sorry it hasn't knocked you off your feet - but sometimes it takes a bit of time for something to grow on you... I know that was the case with my old petra flap top satchel and now I absolutely adore it! I think you just have to wait a bit and see if it grows on you or is obviously a no.

I do also know what you mean about the differences in the texture of the leather being more noticeable with the lighter colour - as I would say the same about my bianco Montaigne. But isn't that just the reality of leather as a natural product - fake leather can be 100% uniform in texture, but that doesn't make it better!!

PS: Love the lipstick case - saw a of those in different colours on eBay but I rarely wear lipstick so I couldn't justify it, cute as they are (assuming they are real, of course)!!

Our posts crossed but I have now zoomed in on the website picture and that does look perfectly normal to me... I have my old petra bag with me at work today and I just looked at it up close and it looks the same too.

But regardless of whether it is normal or not, if it really bugs you it is probably always going to bother you and so that would definitely impact on the decision of whether or not to keep it - I still say wait a couple of days and see.

Thanks for looking at it for me Bookermoose. I took a closer look at my other Roma's and the leather is similar, just not so noticeable on the darker shades. This is normal for me. When I first saw the Roma ferro in the BV store, it didn't knock my socks off, I thought at the time the color looked flat compared to my Old Petra which has so many variations of color. Now, the second time around, ordering it from Blue Fly, I just love the ferro and wear it constantly. Same with some other bags, I had a Prada that I bought and thought it was just okay, but a really great sale price...now its one of my favorites. I'm going to take some pictures, post them and live with it a bit. I'm attracted to the light colors, but would die it at this price if something happened with it. The Chloe bags I have that are light have held up well though. As for the lipstick case, I'm not sure I'd use it for that, I just love this tiny BV, so cute.

The bag is beautiful, I'm a huge fan of Marmo! I almost picked up a Marmo pyramid bag at NM, but had the same conflict as you do...I have another bag in a similar color and wasn't sure it would make sense for me to own two.

I think since both the color and the style is nothing different than what you already own, you shouldn't be afraid to return it. The ottone sloan is another great choice, but given that there are so few left you may have to pay retail for it. Give it a few days and see how you feel :smile: