oh crap - why did I get this for such a good price?

Dunno, maybe you could ask her why there is a leather tag hanging from the price tag? If you recieve it, and it's fake, and her auction claimed it was real, you can still get your money back can't you?

Luckily, claims about authenticity don't matter--it's illegal to sell fakes even if one does not claim they are authentic. If she can provide evidence that it is fake, Deweydrop should be fine.

well how do i get out of the auction? just not pay and deal with a NPB and negative against me? how do i ask the seller to sell to the next highest bidder?

If you can get confirmation from Coach that the price tags never come with the leather sample, I suggest contacting Ebay live help with this info and asking them how you should proceed.

Luckily, claims about authenticity don't matter--it's illegal to sell fakes even if one does not claim they are authentic. If she can provide evidence that it is fake, Deweydrop should be fine.
Awesome!!! Good!!!! You could take it to a Coach store and have a manager write a statement saying it's fake. Then that seller would be in trouble!!! Good luck!

Bummer!

I was kind of in that situation last night- i bought a Kooba bag on a whim on ebay and I have no idea if its real or not, I dont know anything about those bags....I'm so annoyed with myself! I posted pics of it in in the kooba authenticate forum and they couldnt tell from the photos.. I decided to just pay for it because the seller has a return policy, so if it turns out to be fake its going back!

Good luck! Don't pay for it if youre sure its a fake! Thats so weird about the leather sample, Ive never seen that!

Dewey, it's happened to me before with a Coach Sig. Stripe Tote and I'm pretty good at researching everything.....thank goodness you didn't pay! That one would have fooled me too....except I will not bid on anything when a seller has such low feedback, that's just me though :smile: Let us know what happens. I'm just glad you didn't pay!

that is scary good. stupid ppl making the fakes! i mean some of them are just so horrible that you can tell from a mile away...but that one is pretty darn good. i hope you get it all worked out!