New Year's Eve: What Did You Wear ?

We always celebrate with family and friends, and I am leaning toward very simple this year: black pants, black top with just a bit of tiny black beads or sequins or something, with pale pink NotChanel and matching pale pink classic Keds, and for bling, just a a sprinkle of some very old rhinestones, to wink at the saucy rhinestone X on the clasp of the NotChanel.

And I am considering a pale pink cami under the black top, for a little strap peek, so there will be something to wink at the Keds when I am not carrying the bag, but my sister-in-law keeps her thermostat on about 90, and still goes around offering people plush throws and apologizing for the "icy air," so I may be pushing it to even think of wearing black!

This made me laugh ! I remember when we attended an in house News Eve Party at a friends house, it was so cold outside and the host had switched the heat way up high, my makeup practically melted in the hordeurves :shame:

I can honestly say my BF has never taken me anywhere for New Years. Sometimes I want to go...but then I think about the crowds and I change my mind. I spent one New Years in Paris and you know I think I slept through it...or I watched it on TV. I just wanted to go home.

I guess I'm a party pooper.

aww, I agree about the crowd's it can really be a turn off :yes: But !! Paris wow !! :heart:

I'll be in LA for new years and I have already gotten my dress. Its pretty much backless, I will wear it bare legged though, not like the model :P

Attachments

• dress1.jpg
    dress1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 266
  • dress2.jpg
    dress2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 216
I'll be in disneyland Paris, this year on new years eve. I'm so looking forward to it! SO i won't be dressing up.. black pants, sneakers, black winter coat with a white/silver scarf. Some glitter on the eyes. and I'm ready.
Actually in Holland we don't really dress up for New Years eve. Most of us look nice on this evening, and the ones that go out mostly dress in comfy jeans or something with a nice top.
Once I got beer all over me, when I went out.:cursing:..so no more dress up for me on new years eve.

I'll be in disneyland Paris, this year on new years eve. I'm so looking forward to it! SO i won't be dressing up.. black pants, sneakers, black winter coat with a white/silver scarf. Some glitter on the eyes. and I'm ready.
Actually in Holland we don't really dress up for New Years eve. Most of us look nice on this evening, and the ones that go out mostly dress in comfy jeans or something with a nice top.
Once I got beer all over me, when I went out.:cursing:..so no more dress up for me on new years eve.

Sounds great. Have a wonderful evening.

Lol! that's exactly where i will be! Do you know which purse you will bring along?

All of your outfits look/sound great.

Personally, I will be wearing PJs. :sleepy:

I am really sort of over the NYE thing. I have done it in almost every major US city (LA, Chicago, NYC, DC, Boston) and although I have always had fun, I always noticed that I had just as much fun the next night I went out in the same city while spending a lot less and avoiding much chaos.

I used to do the house party thing like ashlend was talking about as an alternative to staying in but then the house party thing would inevitably turn into the house party hopping thing and we would end up stuck in a car between venues for inordinate amounts of time (for an illustration, see last year's How I Met Your Mother's NYE show).

I haven't seen a dresses I liked with rosettes on them so...

I have decided that I'll be wearing a maroon embroidered sequined skirt by Valentino, a black bustier by Norma Kamali ,black Walter Steiger shoes and a black vintage Chanel clutch.

But ! between now & then, I may change my mind on the outfit.

I'll make sure I post pics on my final decision. :shame: