Need some help.

Haute, I'm so sorry for your loss......

I would wear what I feel comfortable wearing.

Your choice sounds lovely. There's no reason not to be yourself and wear what you would normally wear to a funeral.

I went to a funeral 3 days ago. it seems times have changed. I can not believe the outfits i saw.
I think a funeral is about the deceased life, as well as as their death, its so sad ,but it is also a time for reflection. Wear what you would normally wear, its so sad, I sobbed my heart out, you are what you are, dont change!!
Wear what you want to, you are you.

First, I am truly sorry for your loss. The old adage is true, there is very little that can be said to comfort at such times but know that I will be thinking of you.

That said, if the Kelly gives you comfort or peace, do bring it. Sometimes even a very small thing does a great deal for our hearts.

A big thank you to all of you for your advice and kind wishes. I took it and the deceased would have actually probably have loved seeing it as he was very stylish! It's always hard to see a young person die too early. Thanks for your support, it was very appreciated.

Sorry about the loss of your brother in law. I don't think people wear all black to funerals anymore [?]. You could wear two different dresses, if they are conservative cut and color. If the family is wealthy you could use the small black crocIMO If not so wealthy, and they have some idea of what that croc cost, i'd leave it home. I'd wear a dark c/w scarf, though.

a lot of people wore cream or pale blue with some black. you are right. you don't have to wear all black anymore but i like to, i think it's nicer and a way to pay your respects in mourning.

thanks to all for your suggestions and support.