Need some help.

1. I guess I know the answer already, but do you think it is inappropriate to carry a small croc kelly to a funeral? Etiquette says conservative clothing is best and if the croc is not shiny and flashy, would it be ok? Or best to take a nonexotic? My brother in law just passed and I've nothing to wear other than a simple good black dress and want to change bags during different services so i am not looking identical to each one, my kelly is a 28 with silver hardware. what do u think?

2. honestly i don't think what you wear to the funeral matters. just that you're there. sorry to hear about your brother in law.

3. thank u hlfinn for your kind words. u are right but i want to set a good example for their kids and my siblings so i am taking good care to be supportive too.

4. I am very sorry to hear about your brother in law.

How will the rest of your family be dressed? This is not an occasion to stand out and sometimes a simple black dress and a Kelly will do just that. Try the outfit on and see how it looks, so much will depend on the cut of the dress. If the dress is extremely conservative, then you may be able to get away with it.

5. yes it is a black tailored sleeveless dress with a high round collar. elegant but very conservative and simple. our family is extremely traditional and old fashioned so i like to look nice as it is expected.

6. In that case, I think you should wear the Kelly.

7. Your outfit sound just fine for the occasion. the Kelly should be fine since it is black. I don't think the leather would matter that much given the rest of the outfit is so understated.

My condolences on your loss.

8. i was wanting to wear a scarf but it is just too hot. i think the kelly would be very audrey hepburnish in a good way and elegance is my goal.

9. If the scarf can be folded as to still be understated, you can wear it as a headband. That is the way I wear my silk scarves when the weather is warm.

10. Sounds like the croc kelly would be appropo.

11. i'd carry it.

when my MIL passed away, a visitor came by with her croc kelly 32 (and i didn't think it was inappropriate). it was gorgeous!

12. i love the headband idea, i might try it. thank you for the help and good wishes.

13. I am very sorry to hear of your family's loss.
    Personally, I would tend to be much more conservative at a funeral, but I am sure that at least part of that is my cultural background. I'm Jewish and traditionally Jews don't even wear makeup or new/nice clothing to funerals or when they are in mourning (for as long as a year in some cases!). It would be considered a huge insult to bring a $20,000 purse to a Jewish funeral.

That being said, though, I do realize that not everyone mourns in the same way, and that's totally fine! I say do whatever you feel is most appropriate and respectful for the occasion. Your role there is to pay your respects to the person who has passed, and to comfort the mourning members of the family. I doubt they will remember what bag you carried or what you wore as long as they know that they have your love and support.

14. My condolences and prayers are with you and your family. I'm sure you will look lovely.:heart:

15. My condolences for your loss, HAUTE.

Take the Kelly.