nanny/housekeeper trouble - HELP!!!

Your children are the most important thing in the world . If you have ANY doubt, even the smallest most insignificant doubt, then get rid of her. I think it is better to be safe and these days, there are very few people you can find to trust with your children. Any sign of trouble should be taken seriously and you should take action. Just my opinion. Good luck to you!

I don't see why she would touch the flowers, thats really strange. Even if it was just a harmless thing or a misunderstanding i would still get a new nanny if you feel uncomfortable, just to be on the safe side. It's definatly to be safe than sorry! especially with your children right?

update: my husband and i spent a long time talking about this and i read him the answers i received on tpf... it was a tough decision but basically we came to the following conclusions... it was weird. why would anyone jeopardize thier job and reputation over some flowers? we have not seen anything else to give us pause and we have a relationship with this person as do our kids... so... we had it out with her this morning but ultimately decided to keep her for now. we basically said that this showed a lack of judgement and a lack of communication, both skills we consider important when dealing with kids but since it was not directly related to the kids it wasn't going to get her fired but if we see anything more along these lines in the future then we will have no choice but to terminate her...

i really appreciate all of your responses but ultimately i had to ask myself this question: how would i want to be treated if i was basically good at my job but then did something stupid that really caused little harm but was dumb anyway...

also: back to the frivolous fendi213 i love your bracelet!!!