My SA put me on a bag diet :-(

I do not think it a faux pas at all. You are to be commended for honestly sharing information with everyone.

Some will have totally different experiences. Some stores do not sell their bags so quickly and do not ration.

:yes: ITA

My store rations their Birkins and Kellys too and all the customers have been forewarned about this policy.

they tell some people that the limit is 2 per year, so you might see it as being lucky you were even able to buy three. Also, they tell lots of people that there aren't any in the first place.

My SA had told me it is one Birkin and one Kelly per customer per year. I don't think they watch it as closely for Kelly, but they are careful with the Birkins. You've done well with the 3 you got.

I get this line from my SA once in a while too...no more birkins for the year...but he's kind off half hearted about it..."like let me give you the corporate shpiel and then I'll call you later with inventory"

LOL, yes I get this too. Then they seem to forget and ring me when another bag comes in that they think I will like.

Don't feel bad, seton. I know it's easier said than done.

If if makes you feel any better, it's typically ONE birkin every TWO years for most customers where I am :sweatdrop:. AND only if the customer shops at the store.

The landscape changes only if the customer shops regularly (big ticket items) and buys other things other than bags. (bags not counted)

Things are stricter where I am. The MD here has to give approval to every birkin sold. And the honest truth is, the pre-requisite is how good a loyal customer one is with a particular H store.

3 birkins is plenty already and you're very fortunate. If you have never resold your H bags, you will still be offered more Birkins. You just need to whip out that credit card at your store. Sounds horrible? It's the same in every business when it comes to covetable items. Nothing to cringe about. (Only those who can't deal with this, will stick to resellers, and there is nothing wrong with that).

I was on PM with a dear friend, and something she said is so so true. One is only as good as your last purchase. So, go to your H store. Needs more Kaching Kaching.

PS: Please read all of this light heartedly. :jammin:

I had the same incident early this year too and was accused of being re-selling :cursing:

I've later went back to the same store various times showing I am USING all of my purchases and this SHUTs-up the assitant manager who accused me!!!!!!!!!!!

I think with newbies, it's not surprising for H staff to be on full alert to suss out if a particular customer is a reseller. It has happened to me. Not so obvious, but I can feel the vibes. I only started to get offered bags when my H store started to trust me that I am a collector and not a reseller.

And yes, I make sure I use my purchases so they don't suspect that I have 'crossed over to the dark side' (LOL). I was in fact asked recently how come I have not been using my birkins. Only because I've been too lazy and stuck to my Lindy and just another very used Birkin. LOL!

And yes, I make sure I use my purchases so they don't suspect that I have 'crossed over to the dark side' (LOL). I was in fact asked recently how come I have not been using my birkins. Only because I've been too lazy and stuck to my Lindy and just another very used Birkin. LOL!

LOL, I'm frequently in our store with "dark side" bags. The SA's don't seem to mind, but they also seem to really love it when I am carrying an H-bag.

well said msS...
Seton, we do envy u there & with so many tPF US ladies there to look out for each other, u hv more choices.
Here in Sin, they don't entertain any walk-ins for the birkins & kellys...
i was enabled by my dear friend who has been buying H stuff since 15 years ago...

hope u receive favourable reply from the SA when u meet her.