My experience with BANOBAGI

Banobagi is a good clinic, it's the best clinic in Korea. The doctors are kind, professional and responsible, the best doctors in the whole world. Docfinderkorea provides the best services in the whole universe, they'll take extremely good care of you throughout your trip. Both Banobagi and Docfinerkorea are definitely your top choices.

I take back all the things I said about them previously as there were misunderstanding between us. Banobagi and Docfinderkorea is simply awesome, they are the best, best of the best.

o.0 sounds real sarcastic.

Reactions: soulhunter
Hello! Im just back from my medical trip from seoul. Since there is a lot of pros and cons in this forum, so i guess it will be helpful if i share my experience with you all!

I engaged Docfinderkorea for my first trip of plastic surgery! I wanted to do rhinoplasty, fat grafting, and genioplasty. We talked through email and whatsapp before i go there. Shin from Docfinderkorea give me the list of the recommended clinic and price for each clinic.
And i end up choosing Banobagi and pay deposit to secure the surgery date.

Shin arranged a cab to pick me up at the airport, and we met at Banobagi. He accompanied me during the whole consultation, xray and bargaining. For bargaining, it actually depends on your bargaining power. In my case, Shin told the consultant to give me the best price, but you yourself have to bargain more, because the price given depends on the consultant. I was quoted 9mil for both rhino + fat graft. But i managed to lower it down to 7mil. I know that banobagi is quite pricey as compared to other clinics, but i thought i dont mind paying more to get the best result.

About Banobagi, during consultation with Dr. Lee, what i feel is that he is damn busy. The consultation lasts about 5 mins i think. I feel like he just want to shoo me away. We didnt even discuss about what type of nose i want, until i ask him so. I showed him what kind of nose i want, very sharp, long and define bridge. He said ok, but long nose doesnt suit me because my face is kinda long. Then i said ok, only the long nose part though. I am now 3 weeks post-op. I honestly not satisfied with my nose bridge, it is not sharp enough, neither it is defined enough. It is just so-so. And the tip looks like i have a short snub nose :sad: fat grafting is fine, i look younger now :smile: i told Shin about my nose, then he is willing to help me to talk to dr.Lee on February, exactly 3 months post op. I hoped that i can get a revision for my poor nose :sad:

Actually at first i want to get genioplasty, because my chin is long and i got underbite. But after consulting Dr.Oh, he said he cannot do the genioplasty, because my nerves is too low. And two jaw surgery is the best option for me. So Shin recommended me to consult to DA, because the doctors is more experienced in jaw surgery. So we went there and consulted Dr. Lee from DA ( i know the name is the same as Banobagi's but dont get confused ok!). Surprisingly, Dr. Lee looks very young and handsome aww. He said that genioplasty without two jaw surgery is pointless. So what he suggested is that i got two jaw surgery and genioplasty, bcs my chin is kinda wide and long. So i thought that he is right, why not fix the main problem instead of hiding it with other surgeries? So i booked the surgery on Feb, and will update you guys of how it is! (And will follow up with Dr. Lee from banobagi on Feb as well) i am damn sad because my nose is not as sharp and defined as what i thought it would be. Bye bye money and time :sad:

So my overall thought about Docfinderkorea is really above satisfactory! Shin accompanied me to every consultation, follow ups, yes you read it right, every visit! And i love it because i managed to get the best price as compared to other clinics, thanks Shin! And he is so damn niceeeeee! So one day when we walk from DA to the dentist, i never wear any shawl and i was shivering. And he took off his and wrap it around my neck. Waaaaaa why so nice! And then when i moved from banobagi guesthouse to hotel, i forgot my charger. Then he brought it right away to my hotel! :smile: he checked on me often through whatsapp, after surgery, the healing process, and even after i reached singapore. I totally recommend Shin to anybody who is going to get their PS in korea :smile:

And i ask him about @pika 's story. So he explained to me, and even show me the text evidence. It is Claire who is behind it. So every clinic price have the lowest and highest range. And the final price depends on your bargaining skills. But she charged more than the hospital's highest range. That is ridiculous :sad: and she even lied that it was Shin who is behind all of this. Crazy. So long story short, claire is now being fired from Banobagi because of the incident and opening her own ps consultancy. Pls pls pls do your homework before engaging any ps consultant.

How much was the de-swelling facial?

In fact, I'm intending to go Korea for incision double eyelid + ptosis correction +
Epicanthoplasty next April 2017 at Banobagi. Emailed both docfinderkorea and BEAUTIQUEKOREA but BEAUTIQUEKOREA replied me with Banobagi price within 3 days. But the price is too high for this 3 treatment. She quoted me 6.38m won before a 15%-20% discount she told me she can give if i engage her. Still waiting for docfinderkorea to come back to me, it've been a week after their first email telling me to send over my photos.

Those who engaged docfinderkorea, may i know they took how long to get back to you with the costing of the clinics? Do you guys find it very expensive or overpriced with these 3 treatments? That's almost $6500SGD.

In fact, I'm intending to go Korea for incision double eyelid + ptosis correction +
Epicanthoplasty next April 2017 at Banobagi. Emailed both docfinderkorea and BEAUTIQUEKOREA but BEAUTIQUEKOREA replied me with Banobagi price within 3 days. But the price is too high for this 3 treatment. She quoted me 6.38m won before a 15%-20% discount she told me she can give if i engage her. Still waiting for docfinderkorea to come back to me, it've been a week after their first email telling me to send over my photos.

Those who engaged docfinderkorea, may i know they took how long to get back to you with the costing of the clinics? Do you guys find it very expensive or overpriced with these 3 treatments? That's almost $6500SGD.
WHAT?!! 6 million for eyes is way too overpriced! I would go without Docfinder or Beautique, their services are never free even if they claim so.

So, i gotten a reply from docfinderkorea. Really impressed by their email. They made an effort to get me another 4 more clinics quotation and they also explained in details about the myth of korean plastic surgery in korea. Very well explained and i really do feel they care about their client. On the other hand, BEAUTIQUEKOREA replied me very swiftly and the price the 2 of them quoted have a different, even though docfinderkorea didnt told me the name of the clinic that goes with the price they gave me - they only mention Clinic A : $xxx, Clinic B: $xxx, and so on. But there's one particular clinic price is higher and the recommendation of surgery i can do is the same as what BEAUTIQUEKOREA took from Banobagi. Here's how much diff the two of them gave me.
DocFinderKorea: Double eyelid surgery + Ptosis Correction + Epi = $5.4million won
BEAUTIQUEKOREA: Double eyelid surgery + Ptosis Correction + Epi = $6.4million won
The prices are before a discount between 7% - 20%. See how much diff we are looking at!?

Anyway, i read somewhere that you could get a tourist tax refund of 10% if you did your surgery before end of mar 2017. But my trip is apr 8th, and i couldn't move it anytime earlier. So it's pretty wasted. Hope they could extend the validity of this benefit for the tourist. >.< P.S. 10% is actually alot. Imagine if i could get 20% from dockoreafinder + 10% tax refund, i could get 30% from $5.4million won!!!

Last edited:
So, i gotten a reply from docfinderkorea. Really impressed by their email. They made an effort to get me another 4 more clinics quotation and they also explained in details about the myth of korean plastic surgery in korea. Very well explained and i really do feel they care about their client. On the other hand, BEAUTIQUEKOREA replied me very swiftly and the price the 2 of them quoted have a different, even though docfinderkorea didnt told me the name of the clinic that goes with the price they gave me - they only mention Clinic A : $xxx, Clinic B: $xxx, and so on. But there's one particular clinic price is higher and the recommendation of surgery i can do is the same as what BEAUTIQUEKOREA took from Banobagi. Here's how much diff the two of them gave me.
DocFinderKorea: Double eyelid surgery + Ptosis Correction + Epi = $5.4million won
BEAUTIQUEKOREA: Double eyelid surgery + Ptosis Correction + Epi = $6.4million won
The prices are before a discount between 7% - 20%. See how much diff we are looking at!?

Anyway, i read somewhere that you could get a tourist tax refund of 10% if you did your surgery before end of mar 2017. But my trip is apr 8th, and i couldn't move it anytime earlier. So it's pretty wasted. Hope they could extend the validity of this benefit for the tourist. >.< P.S. 10% is actually alot. Imagine if i could get 20% from dockoreafinder + 10% tax refund, i could get 30% from $5.4million won!!!

Hi! I just got my reply back from Banobagi as well and we are after pretty much the same procedures. They also recommend Double eyelid+ptosis correction+lateral epi for me..

Hi! I just got my reply back from Banobagi as well and we are after pretty much the same procedures. They also recommend Double eyelid+ptosis correction+lateral epi for me..
Anyway, I am blogging my journery for my double eyelid surgery. Even though it's 6 months ahead, I'll be updating concurrently from docfinderkorea replies and the research I've did. You can have a read.
Http://ahyuansan.weebly.com

I'm going at the end of November! I'm really not sure yet. I will probably decide after consulting the doctor.. I'm still researching about ptosis correction!
But if you don't book your surgery before the trip, you might have to wait between 3-7 days for available surgery date. How many days you going?

In fact, I'm pertaining between JW or Banobagi. You going consultation for which clinic?

I have just made my deposit to Banobagi and will be doing incisional double eyelid surgery as I'm there for revision. (got a screwed up double suture in Spore zzz)

Most probably i will be scheduled on 26th Dec and I need to leave by 1stJan. Hopefully its enought time to take out my stitches

I have just made my deposit to Banobagi and will be doing incisional double eyelid surgery as I'm there for revision. (got a screwed up double suture in Spore zzz)

Most probably i will be scheduled on 26th Dec and I need to leave by 1stJan. Hopefully its enought time to take out my stitches
Hi! I just made my deposit to banobagi as well! I'm flying over next month on the 24th! Are you with dr Lee?

Hi it takes about 7 days to remove the stitches, otherwise 5 days will do too. Anyway, you be doing ptosis correction? Could you share what you be doing in korea during the period of time?