My 1st Fendi Spy!!!... Which one to get?

I vote for the chocolate brown spy compared to the silver/gold spy!!
The silver/gold is a little too much for me but it is a fun bag to carry for summer. The chocolate brown is more versatile!

I'm a practical kind of girl so, I have to go with the safe Chocolate Brown! Looks good all year 'round and goes with everything. If you had money dripping from your wallet, then I'd say get the White Lambskin or the Gold/Silver one...and get the Chocolate later!

secretbagaddict said:
hello all, can I interject a question? trying to decide between the black crocodile fendi spy or the soft distressed spy, also in black. I'm trying to escape boho land and turn to a rougher look for the summer. This bag is meant to get me started. What do y'all think? Anyone own a black fendi spy? Could you post a photo? I need help from the experts...

Here is the Large Cognac Lambskin Spy and the Black Lambskin Spy, both are my favorite bags....love them to pieces!

Attachments

• (5) Fendi Lambskin Spy Bag, Large - 2375.JPG
    (5) Fendi Lambskin Spy Bag, Large - 2375.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 53
  • (6) Fendi Lambskin Spy Bag - 2075.JPG
    (6) Fendi Lambskin Spy Bag - 2075.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 42
  • (2) Fendi Collection.JPG
    (2) Fendi Collection.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 49
Thank you girls for your precious advise!! I went by the link and saw the different colors for spy and my oh my! There are so many nice ones!! How does anyone choose from all these beauties?? (altho' some are really not my cupatea...)

I am inclining towards my first, which is the chocolate brown one, as i do not have money dripping from my purse and i should probably go with a more versatile color for year round wear. Alas, there goes my silver/gold spy.

One question though. I see from the pics that the chocolate brown color looks like it's fading off after use. Is this true or is it just the lighting?? Does the color stay a rich brown tone even after man-handling it for a while?

I wouldn't want the color to rub off after a while like how the cognac does....

I'd get the choc. brown, too. Way more versitile for all year round. Although the silver/gold spies are beautiful!

I have the cognac and i have to say that it is beautiful! I love the "2-toned-ness" between the handles and the body. It's definitely a very rich, pretty color.
I noticed that at the tip top edge on the sides where it sticks out right from the handles, it's a lighter shade a little, but it looks nice actually.
It gives it character, imo. :love:

I need to stop by the Fendi store tomorrow to try out the colors again. I will let you guys know how i feel about the colors!! By the way, does anyone have a picture of the chocolate brown one? I saw it once in this forum but can't seem to find it now....

hmmm.... silver/gold or choco? *dududu*

Are spies real common now? I'm not sure if it's just Hong Kong... correct me if i'm wrong.. when i'm in the states, i see quite a bunch of people carrying spies. But here in Hong Kong, i have only sighted a spy bag twice and they are both non-Asian ladies. How's the situation in Singapore?

Luna, I have a choco spy, and I have noticed that the edges around the opening, the leather on the strap under the handle, and the leather piping where the handles attach to the bag have started fading a little. The rest of the bag, however, has stayed the same rich shade of brown. I recently saw a cognac at a fendi boutique and passed on it because it had a lot of very noticeable distressing/fading. IMO I actually prefer the aging of the choco in comparison.

you should definitely get whatever colour you don't already have in the similar style!

For fendi spys.. i reckon the all black is the LAST CHOICE since the black really mutes alllllll the beautiful texture and style in the glorious spy bag... but noticed that PURSEMAMA has the black spy... but she seems to love dark colours from her collection.. =)

If you're even THINKING about the gold one.. then just go for it! it'll look so hot in the night when you're in all black or sth like that..... gorgeous!

and you can also wear it in the day with jeans... simple jewellery

I personally like all the 2 toned ones.. both mine are.. (ie: handles and bag are of different colours)

The cognac i thought is too common.. i like my bags to stand out.. =) especially when i pay so much for them...

If you already have many blacks/browns.. get a red/white/teal bag (not enccessarily the spy of course)

just get something in a different colour than the bags you already have.. so that you will DEFINITELY carry the new one.. =)

hope that helps!

But here in Hong Kong, i have only sighted a spy bag twice and they are both non-Asian ladies. How's the situation in Singapore

I just started carrying my chocco spy for a week. I have been on the lookout since thinking about this bag a few months ago. I work in the financial district and to date, I have seen only 1 girl in my office building carry a fake plasticky brown one. In the shopping district, I have seen 1 real one and 1 fake one over the last few months.
this is comparison with the Balenciagas I see.... on an average I see about 3 fakes a day and 1 real one every fortnight!

I don't see the spy commonly on Singapore's streets. However, there are at least 3 people who carry the spies at my work place. I have not seen the fake ones yet. However, spies in Singapore are usually on pre order/ waiting list basis. May be that's why it is more common to see LV's Channel's and Prada's or even the regular Fendi's.

I think you can use metallic for both day and night, it would depend on what else you are wearing. Either dress up or down accordingly. We don't have winter here, so, I guess I have tendency for summer kind of bag and I do love blings.