Mulberry Roxanne

Mine is Darwin and it's pebbly, but not very pebbly. Maybe the glove is smooth? Or it could be the Rio leather that is smooth. I'll have to check my coconut weave roxy and see how that leather looks.

Yup, i have used the Collonil spray on my blenheim, which is the darwin leather. My bag was pink and the spray did make it slightly darker, but you really wouldn't know the difference unless you have 2 bags side by side to compare. The color is still nice.

Tammy518 said:
Okay. I guess the pebbling is okay, then. What about the Collonil spray? Has anyone used this? It says it's only for smooth leather, which I think of like a Coach purse.

I just sprayed mine yesterday (Oak)....it came out great. I hung it on a hanger in the garage, so I could get all the areas evenly. I sprayed it from 8", as it directed, and did two coats. After it dried I took an old cloth diaper (awwwww) and buffed it. Don't worry about the spray, on the back of the can it says it's good for leather, suede, nubuck and textiles. I also sprayed a patchwork Coach bag that I have, and it came out fine. It has smooth leather, suede and material patches on it.

I did my Phoebe last week(Chocolate) and it came out great as well.

They look gorgeeeeeeeeous! :love:

And to answer your question about the pebbling...it is completely normal. I looked at over 10 different bags while in my search, and they all have varying types of leather, from smooth to pebbly...it's all Darwin. :biggrin:

Bjara, Okay. It's good to know the Collonil will be safe to use. Great tip about hanging it on a hanger in the garage. I was wondering how I was going to get all sides of it.

I love mine - I have it in oak and it's beautiful- I wear it everyday and it is not particularly heavy - It goes with everything and people admire it constantly. Unfortunately the price for the bag went up just AFTER I bought it - approx. 200 dollars!!!!!!!! It's over $1100.00 right now - unless you find a deal. The SA told me it isn't going anywhere - it is a classic for Mulberry.

SuzyZ said:
I love mine - I have it in oak and it's beautiful- I wear it everyday and it is not particularly heavy - It goes with everything and people admire it constantly. Unfortunately the price for the bag went up just AFTER I bought it - approx. 200 dollars!!!!!!!! It's over $1100.00 right now - unless you find a deal. The SA told me it isn't going anywhere - it is a classic for Mulberry.

Suzy, may I ask how much your's was at Nordstrom? When I saw them the day I told you about them, they were listed at $1195. Did you get it for less? :nuts:

Did not get it for less - didn't really expect to - It's just that I had seen the bag at Saks for $995.00 a few days before I left - BUT they did not have "oak" (Did I tell you all this already?) The oak color is amazing!! I didn't want another color at any price.

SuzyZ said:
Did not get it for less - didn't really expect to - It's just that I had seen the bag at Saks for $995.00 a few days before I left - BUT they did not have "oak" (Did I tell you all this already?) The oak color is amazing!! I didn't want another color at any price.

Ohhhh, OK. I thought it went up right after you bought it...and I thought wow, different Nordie's have different prices! :lol:

Isn't the Oak heavenly? :nuts: :biggrin: :P :lol: :love:

I have a pic of my new one in my showcase thread. :smile:

i have it in light blue and loved it so much i got the cream. it is heavy. but worth it.
for those who really want to splurge, mulberry on bond st in london will make up the mulberry satchel to order in one of about a hundred different leathers. then they will engrave your name where it says mulberrry and hang your initials from it...all in around 1600 plus shipping.

It is heavenly! I love it! I am concerned with how to keep the darwin leather in good shape - It does appear that a little wear on the darwin will only enhance the casual look of the bag.

SuzyZ said:
It is heavenly! I love it! I am concerned with how to keep the darwin leather in good shape - It does appear that a little wear on the darwin will only enhance the casual look of the bag.

I agree, Suzy. I don't feel like I have to be so careful with this bag. The leather is sort of distressed anyway, and any more would only add to the vibe of the bag. My bag is getting softer and softer as I use it!

Although I did protect it from the rain the other day (left my umbrella in the car). I keep bags in my desk for emergencies and boy did it come in handy!