Mulberry Roxanne

Bjara said:
I caved and have a Roxanne in Oak on it's way....LOL. :love:

I am sooooo nervous about getting the Oak though...I am petrified that it is going to look dirty....or get spilled on. But I am super careful with my bags, so what do I do? :amuse: It wouldn't be an everyday bag either...

I really contemplated the chocolate...it's beautiful, but that would be silly to get a 2nd chocolate Mulberry, even if it is in a different style. The Roxanne is satchel~ish, so a choclate one while I am waiting for a beautiful Damier LV would be silly. Besides, I think the Oak is better for year round usage. :idea:

Right?!? (I need backup here girls)
I just got an oak Rosemary so you've got my vote!

Kat said:
I just got an oak Rosemary so you've got my vote!
Picking up my Roxanne in Oak this weekend at Nordstrom's in the Grove (L.A) Travelling there tomorrow - none were availble here - I saw the black and the chocolate and in my opinion, the oak is the only way to go - It is sensational!!!!!!!! I am 3000 miles away and can't wait to get there.

SuzyZ said:
Picking up my Roxanne in Oak this weekend at Nordstrom's in the Grove (L.A) Travelling there tomorrow - none were availble here - I saw the black and the chocolate and in my opinion, the oak is the only way to go - It is sensational!!!!!!!! I am 3000 miles away and can't wait to get there.

I should meet up with you....visit Starbuck's or something. :smile:

Do you have a lull anytime while you are here so any LA'ers could get together? :P

SuzyZ said:

Just call me the personal shopper of the board. LOL

english_girl_900 said:
Bjara - you absolutely made the right choice. The oak (IMHO) is the best colour Mulberry makes for the Roxanne, and it'll work for you all year. Congrats on the yummy new bag!

Thanks for your input...it means a lot! :biggrin:

addicted said:
Hi - I just got back from Nordstrom's. They had a BUNCH of Oak. My SA pulled out a lot for me to look at. I wasn't crazy about the color (I like to use dark bags). Also, I noticed scratches on some. Anyway - the chocoloate was dreamy! The other SA's liked that better on me. But, I just bought a chocolate paddy, so I ended up with the black (which I didn't even know they made that color). It's a little bit shiner of a black, the buckles are more of a bronze color. It's FABULOUS! Not too heavy. Nice size bag though. I love it! The price was $1195.

Yes...the bag does scratch. They say it's supposed to be part of the bags charm...:worried: Was this at South Coast Plaza? I too always veer towards dark colored bags....but I am slowly getting used to the lighter color leathers....inch by inch. :P I have a chocolate Phoebe, so I couldn't see getting a chocolate Roxanne. :wacko:

The chocolate scratches easily as well..but imo, the collonil spray helps a ton with that. You are right the Mulberry's in black are made with a shinier leather. Does it say it is Darwin in your inside pocket pamphlet? I think it is more dressy as well. Good choice!! :biggrin:

wickedassin said:
Addicted--did you go to Fashion Valley again :smile: You're just like me!!! I can't believe how many Mulberrys they have there. I think it's just a line that doesn't appeal to San Diegans....

Did you look at all the YSL Muses? I can't believe how many they have of them too! If you're hunting for either one of those lines, that Nordy's is definitely the one to call.

I have seen the bag a lot over the past few shopping trips I have made to several Nordstroms...I think that people in general are not comfortable about the type of leather that they are made with...and along with the price tag, aren't willing to take a chance. YET. My crystal ball prediction is once this bag gets going....it will be much harder to find. :idea:

They have been SO popular in the UK...it will just take a bit of time for the US to catch on, I believe.

Remember when Issmom said that at first she had to talk her consignment lady into taking a Mulberry bag because she wasn't familier with the brand? That was in NY...the fashion mecca of the US...so that alone tells me Mulberry is just beginning. Just wait. :P

I just received my Roxanne today from Nordstrom and it's got the pebbled leather. I was thinking the Darwin was smooth. Is my Roxanne the glove leather instead? The little card inside said Darwin. I had already ordered the Collonil waterproofing spray, but it says to only use it on smooth leather, which is what I thought I was getting.