MIL CrAzY!!

^^^ OMG :wtf: i got so scared there for a moment..i thought you knew her too (that might be her name;) if you know what I mean:hrmm:)

pugs, I totally understand about the decades thing..i have thought alot about this bc I thought i was being paranoid...but the thing is she claims to only use V&W herself yet I swear I have watched in astoundment as she slathered on several La Mer cleansers, ect!!!

Thanks Everyone so much:flowers: ... I feel so much better knowing I'm not crazy & paranoid & just mean

the weird thing is too I used to have bad really acne, thats why I am so careful now with my skin..I know if I used vaseline it'd be aweful....I have told her this too but she just insists:shrugs:
i'm just going to be polite and off on my way from now on:yes:

I could write a book on crazy MILs. Mine is 100% stark raving insane. Not going to go into deets cuz no one has that kinda time.

You need to SET BOUNDARIES. She must respect that you are YOUR own human being. Don't let her bully you. I gotta stop or else I'll have to hit the liquor cabinet. Crap MILs drive me nutters.

^^^what I was going to say--Boundaries are your friend! You're not crazy, she's used to manipulating/controlling people. Don't let this go on any longer--you can stand your ground without getting angry at her. Eventually she should realize you aren't going to do every little thing she wants. She's rude, too. Realize that she has issues.

I hope you don't have to see her too often. When she gives you unwarranted advice you should politely but firmly state your opinion otherwise not saying anything will drive YOU nuts. It does sound like she is competing with you and wants to sabotage your efforts in everything. I don't understand people like that or what makes them tick.

The vaseline and water thing, geez sounds like she wants to ruin your skin. If you've seen her using that really expensive cream go up to her and ask to try some on or ask her why isn't she using vaseline and water.

How does your DH deal with her?

She sounds like a nut. At least you can feel secure that when she insults something you're wearing or carrying that a bunch of people just complimented, they probably are all rolling their eyes at her, too.

whistkerchic, I'm so sorry to hear you have a crazy mil too! I didn't mean to give you flashbacks:Push:
the worst part is guys, i don't want to give away too much info in case anyone does know her, but we are neighbours...NeXt Door Neighbours!

mh, you are so right. I realized today I have to speak up or else I go crazy! I get angier and angier....the last comment she made about being fake i did speak up so even though that was prob one of the most outright rude comments, that bothers me the least bc I did speak up... i'm promising myself I am really going to speak up from now on.

I am so insulted too bc I Love clothes, I love fashion and I dress very nicely, I am very careful with my clothing choices, I was so excited to wear my outfit and here she is insinuating that I can't dress myself, that my clothes are ugly! and please! she dresses so ugly! my DH is says that she is crazy, has no taste, thinks she is the best at everything....but of course he loves his mom but all of the above is true. she makes him very upset too

sometimes I feel that maybe she is jealous but she has no right to be or to make me feel guilty for being younger than her. she had her time and still has her time. I get this feeling from her but i don't care. someday I'll be older, i'm older than other girls now and i am happy for them to be teens or babies or whatever..i feel like every age has its benefits..so i don't think she has any reason to be jealous...i think she is mad too bc she feels she made alot of mistakes ..i don't know i can't deal with her nonsense..its just sad..she has said things to me like all men want 17 yr olds!!!and my husband would leave me if i had a baby! she was like believe me i have seen it happen a million times! she is just sick

i'm just going to focus now on taking care of myself, like you said boxermom & whistler i have to set boundaries and I'm going to somehow..

thanks so much for all everyone's help bc honestly i can be very gullible and i'm just lucky so far I haven't fallen for her tricks! but i don't think its good to have neg energy in you so i just have to get this anger out of me and stay away from her

I could write a book on crazy MILs. Mine is 100% stark raving insane. Not going to go into deets cuz no one has that kinda time.

:roflmfao: Me too! The only way I can deal with my MIL is to completely ignore her. I plaster a smile on my face, but my mind is somewhere far, far away. She used to drive me insane, but I realized having conversations with her went absolutely nowhere, so now I ignore, ignore, ignore. I feel for you.

The only way I can deal with my MIL is to completely ignore her

We finally cut my MIL out of our lives completely for the sake and emotional well-being of our children. (I won't even tell you about her madness!) Sad. My dh calls her 2 times a year and they don't even get along then. She's too prideful to see that she might be the one with the problem. I hope it doesn't come to that for you. But if you set up boundaries early enough, maybe things will turn around. Good luck!

I plaster a smile on my face, but my mind is somewhere far, far away. She used to drive me insane, but I realized having conversations with her went absolutely nowhere, so now I ignore, ignore, ignore. I feel for you.

This an excellent idea:idea:!!! while she's talking to me I can daydream of TpF!!!! and all those yummy purses out there to be had!!!!t hanks for the tip, dlg!!!! it makes me feel better to have a plan of action..i'll hear her calling me and I'll mentally get myself ready with pretty purses floating thru my head..usually i just feel sick!

I have thought of that too, tlloveshim..if i had children i would never want her around them esp not alone..thats so great that you protect yours..i have heard my MIL telling the other grandchildren some crazy stuff!

She has issues about herself and it sounds like she's taking it out on you. Does she have a daughter?

My advice? As soon as you can, move. She'll go crazy once you start having kids.