MIL CrAzY!!

I have thought of that too, tlloveshim..if i had children i would never want her around them esp not alone..thats so great that you protect yours..i have heard my MIL telling the other grandchildren some crazy stuff!

It's just sad when people get so nutsy that they can't even be trusted with their grandkids! My MIL started talking to my 10 yo ds (who is now 19) about me behind my back. He was so distraught he came home crying. When we confronted her, she wouldn't agree to never talk about me again so we opted to keep away. Very sad.

I can relate. One time we got into it and she yelled at me. My husband was off in Iraq at the time. He called and asked me what happened. I was crying and told him I hated the way she treated me and said he would never allow my mother to talk to him like that. I told him not to say anything to his mom b/c I thought it would just make it worse. He did anyway and now she is totally nice. I try to take what she says with a grain of salt. (especially if it involves raising my children.) Now I just laugh at her or with her and I believe we truly love eachother now. She even called me up a couple of months ago to tell me she loved me. This all happened in less than a year. Good luck with her! Hey and just remember, if plaid blazers w/shoulder pads come back you might be wishing you were ahead of the trend and would have worn the blazer to the party.:lol:

It's just sad when people get so nutsy that they can't even be trusted with their grandkids! My MIL started talking to my 10 yo ds (who is now 19) about me behind my back. He was so distraught he came home crying. When we confronted her, she wouldn't agree to never talk about me again so we opted to keep away. Very sad.

I recently found out my MIL has been saying horrible things behind my back~ just see my MIL thread!~ I told my husband that she is no longer allowed to be alone with my boys. God only knows what lies she could tell them about me & she's proven she is capable of some awful stories.

Moreso, last year, when my oldest son was 5, she told him "The president kill's people's daddies" (regarding the war), explained to him in detail what happens in the lethal injection process & the biggie, she told him about his "dead baby sisters". I had twins that died at birth when my son was too young to remember. My husband & I were waiting until he was a bit older & understood more about death & such to tell him about the girls. Nope, my MIL just blurted it out to him. I was distraught. She took away such an important & meaningful conversation I wanted to have with him. Needless to say, I despise the woman with every fiber of my being. That's just 1 visit's worth, I could go on & on....

acegirl: I definately can relate. I would never wish something like a rotten MIL on anyone. Just teaches us all to remember to be kind MIL's ourselves one day when our own children grow up.

acegirl: I definately can relate. I would never wish something like a rotten MIL on anyone. Just teaches us all to remember to be kind MIL's ourselves one day when our own children grow up.

I totally agree! I would never do this to my children, whether I loved my DIL or not. It does nothing but hurt the one's you care about. My husband loves his mom but has lost almost all respect for her as a person.

Women like this have some inner demons to deal with & unfortunately we are the one's caught in the crossfire! Frankly, I don't think my MIL has that filter in her brain that tells her what is acceptable behavior & what is not. Thank GOD, I'm moving far far away from her in a few short months:yahoo:

I totally can realate how you're feeling as I have/had a horrible *****y an mean MIL myself. I let her bully me about 8 years because we lived next to each other /in that time frame I had cut contact to her for 6 months) but then we moved away to Munich which is on the other side of the country and she still treated me like dirt in my own house and that was it for me! I just had enough and I broke up ny contactthis was 4 years ago and actually the best choice I ever made. DH didn't have contact to her for 2 years and now he's only willing to write 2 emails a year. I forbid any contact to our son as well as she *****ed about me at him (he was 5 years old) and he was crying so madly that we both decided it's better for him not to have her in his life. I'm dead serious about it when I say that I will never ever see her again in my lide because enough is enough!
I'm with the girls in setting boundaries but if she doesn't accept them and you can't take it anymore not seeing each other might do the trick for you.
I hope that it doesn't come to this but in my case I had to do it just for my own sanity.

Man oh man! I don't think I can deal with certain kinds of MILs. I told BF that I love her mom but when we get married and she gets unbearable, I'd pretty much avoid her and I wouldn't mind letting her know why either.