Matching shoes w/ handbags?

It totally depends for me. I use my bags to add a pop of color, or to complement whatever it is that I'm wearing. :smile: I might wear a cream coat, and add a red bag, or whatever... and I'd think nothng of putting a violet bag against a yellow top, which may not "match" in the literal sense, but I think it looks great (and in that case, I would not wear violet shoes, because it would take away from the bag).

I dislike brown and black together though, so personally, I wouldn't carry a black bag and wear brown shoes, or vice versa (camel and black is okay IMO though). :smile: IMO, there are no hard and fast rules about matching... I just wear what looks good IMO, and sometimes that may match, othertimes it may not, but I'd hope that it always looks good haha. :heart:

I love to match my shoes and bag, but they don't have to match. As long as everything coordinates I'm fine. I won't put mismatched styles, shapes, and textures together just because they're the same color, KWIM?

I'm very picky about colour co ordinating my outfit. I do love to match shoes and bag but if it can't be done then i match the bag or shoes or both or the clothing and accessories i am wearing. Having sad that, sometimes i do choose not to match them, specially bags, if the bag happens to deserve to remain unmatched to it stands out more :smile:

In general I like to match, but they don't have to be exact matches. If its the same general shade, its okay. Occasionally I'll wear a bright color to make my clothing pop. It depends on my mood.

I'm not really a matchy-matchy kind of gal, but I really don't have any shoes/bags that would totally clash. In the summer I mostly wear flip flops so those don't really clash with a bag I carry.

During the winter i'm normally in Uggs...my current bag is brown with black leather, so it goes with quite a few things.

I watch "What not to Wear" also. Stacy & ******* rarely match shoes and bags.

I watch What Not To Wear too! The stop sign during the intro of their show says "Matching Bag and Shoes NOT required." I watched an episode where Stacy talked about how she hates the whole matching shoes and bags requirement. She even told one of the ladies on the show to get over it! I don't like to match all the time. Sometimes I wear all black or all brown, but I don't wear a black bag with brown stuff (just because I don't like that color combo). I will wear red with black, or tan with brown. Stuff like that. As long as both go with my outfit and they don't clash, I'm fine.

I am obsessed with matching LOL
So yes, I match handbag and shoes! I never buy bag and shoes that are the same brand but i.e. I have a pair of black Prada ballerina with golden logo and I wear it with black Chanel with golden hardware. I wouldn't wear silver ballerina with that bag or golden shoes if I have a silver or bronze bag... So yes, I match, but in the sense of colors and styles.

I jumped on that post in D&S about the QVC sale and got a Maxx NY Black Quilted Patent Bowler for $100.

cover.gif

I figure it'll work more for my everyday use, as it could handle the cream cheese attack well. Plus I was carrying my Ditch today and thought I was going to have a stroke when one of the kids came thisclose to dropping a fork, prongs down, right on it.

I then noticed that the shoes I was wearing were a PERFECT match. They are black patent quilted flats with a graduated patent bow on the toe by BCBG:

8520-466027-d.jpg

Is it too matchy-matchy to wear them together?