Matching shoes w/ handbags?

I was carrying another bag one day when we were at the pool and the little one (4) threw an open juice box inside my bag. They have wiped dirty hands on my butt, thrown up on me, used my sleeve as a tissue, etc.

This is why I never wore nice shoes, clothes, and bags when I worked with kids! To answer your question though, I don't think it's too matchy. But this is coming from a very matchy girl :shrugs:

Hello ladies. Let me introduce myself. My name is Mike Roberts and as you can gather I am a bloke. I have never bought a handbag in my life, but I did refuse to wear a handbag bought for me by my wife many years ago. Also the only shoes I buy are the boring type bought solely for comfort.
You are all of interest to me however because I am a textile technologist who is also a software designer. I run a company that has just completed development of an e-commerce system that can colour match and colour co-ordinate over the internet. It uses the same the basic colour measurement principles that are used in computer controlled dyeing and printing machines used to dye fabrics and other products.
So we can colour match and co-ordinate any product that is coloured. That of course includes purses and shoes as well as all forms of clothing. The same system can also colour match and co-ordinate products for interior design such as carpets, wallpaper, paint, furniture, upholstery fabrics etc.

The system is being geared up for launch in the UK first of all and we are looking for potential business partners in the USA.
So I would like to ask you a question, given your knowledge and passion for purses and shoes who do you think is the best company in the USA for me to approach?

Mike Roberts

Is it considered tacky to wear shoes that exactly match your purse? For example, I have Dior's Jeanne and found the matching pumps online. The purse has a large chainmaille buckle on the front. The matching shoes have the same chainmaille buckle on the toes. Would wearing both be too much? What are your thoughts on this?

I love matching shoes and bags... I especially love the rasta, natalia, but I don't have the shoes... just the saddle bag. But yea, matching is good. Why wouldnt' it be? :smile:

I agree. I say shoes, bag, and even (if it's subtle) belt. Anything else is overboard.

The other thing I like to match is bag and gloves. Especially if it's in a classic color. :smile: