MACYS FRIENDS AND FAMILY! :-p

Oh boy, I think I am in trouble. I went to my local Macy's. The SA told me she would give me the F&F discount PLUS if I added my daughter ( or my husband, or my son etc.) to my card, I would get an additional 15% off. I am new to Coach and I have already bought 2 Coach handbags in the last month. Someone talk me out of another one please? :hysteric:

Looking at it now and there's nothing under where my address is. Inside where it mentions free shipping it only says free shipping with an online purchase of $100 or more. There's no exclusions mentioned anywhere on the entire mailing. It has to be different from region to region.

Yes, it must be different from region to region because on mine (I'm in the Boston area), it says free shipping on online purchase of $125 or more.

Oh boy, I think I am in trouble. I went to my local Macy's. The SA told me she would give me the F&F discount PLUS if I added my daughter ( or my husband, or my son etc.) to my card, I would get an additional 15% off. I am new to Coach and I have already bought 2 Coach handbags in the last month. Someone talk me out of another one please? :hysteric:

Meaning you have to add a family member to your Macy's Card account? You may want to rethink that, it will show up on their credit reports if you do.

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I stopped by Macy's and took a look at the Coach section. The SA saw me admiring a bag for myself and another one as a gift. I mentioned that I had the F&F coupon and she told me that I could purchase the items today with the discount and then come back and pick them up on Wednesday. That was I don't have to risk someone else buying my selections. So...I bought myself the Medium Bleeker Leather Duffle (in ink blue) and bought a Medium Ergo Belted Leather Hobo (in black) for my mom for the holidays. I previously had the hobo on backorder with Coach, but the 20% discount was too good to pass up. I called JAX and cancelled the backorder. I love MACY'S! :tup:

:smile:

If you google Macy's Friends and Family 2007, you will get several links to the coupons online if you didn't get one but still want a discount. That's where I got mine.

Can't wait till this weekend...Coach counter, HERE I COME!

ImASadGaraffe-

I'm not sure I understand the problem with adding my daughter to my card.

I assume you're talking about the Macy's credit card.

If you add someone to your credit card account (regardless of where it's from), that account will show up on that person's credit report as an account. Payment history, length of account ownership, etc. will show up on the credit report. That means that if you pay late (hopefully you wouldn't), then her credit score would get dinged as well. If it's a Macy's Visa, it shows up as not just one account, but two accounts - one for the Macy's account, one for the Visa account.

I had a hard time getting student loans because my parents made me an authorized user on their Mastercard (for emergencies) and because they paid late a few times, it hurt my credit score. I had to fight to get the account removed from my credit and explain to the student loan agencies why it was on there. It took a while for my score to reflect the removal.

It would probably be more advisable for your daughter to get her own account so she can be fully responsible for anything that happens on the account, and she'll build up her own credit.

Just my two cents but I've heard of others that had the same situation with credit cards showing up that shouldn't be there because of the "authorized user" status.

Hi, I am sorry I could not attach the Macy's Friends and Family Coupon Earlier. Here is a Scan of my coupon which can be printed out.

Attachments

• MacysFriends2.jpg
    MacysFriends2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 122
Can we use that?

I am pretty sure you can use it. If you would just like to shop for Coach Online
you just need to enter Promotional code MACYSFF. The shipping is free on purchases
over $125. It says that they sent me one for myself and another for a Friend so I don't forsee any problems in you using it. Print it out and take it to your Macy's store and they should honor it.

yayy i am so excited, i just got that coupon today, too :smile: it makes saving money for christmas shopping for other people's gifts reeally tough when you know you have 20% anything coach you want, haha ~ i'll just consider whatever i buy a gift to myself ;)