LV and stereotypes

i fell dat way also when i carry mi gucci bag which ive jst got a month ago and fell dat people are gonna jugde me with it becoz of mi age but ive stop caring who cares at least imhappy with my bag den wot any1 sayz doesnt matter.

Hm, good question.

As far as the stares go... I always get stared at so I'm not sure if the stares are aimed at my LV (which I always carry) or me in general. I think I get stares sometimes because I'm kind of... odd-looking? I'm pretty tall, VERY pale, and I get likened to Nicole Kidman. So maybe they're staring thinking, "JESUS SHE'S WHITE." My BF and I get a lot of stares, especially in some areas of LA, mostly from Persians because he's Persian and I'm white and that intriques them. :shrugs: I also get a lot of stares from Persian girls, probably ticked at me because I stole one of their hottie Persian men.

TBQH... perhaps the stares (all of them, for all of us) are because we're confidently rocking our LVs? There's a lot to be said for a level of confidence, and I think we all experience that when we carry the bags we love so much. When you see a confident person... you kind of stare, no?

I've gotten compliments on my bags, never any snide remarks iirc. I'm sure people probably think I'm spoiled... and I guess I am in terms of what I have. I've been misjudged as snobby based on how I carry myself - which cracks me up because I'm like the friendliest girl EVER... again, I think it's the confidence thing paired with around 15 years of ballet. Really good posture and slightly lifted chin. :shame:

MAN, I wrote a NOVEL.

I think the stereotyping is funny as in you can take it to your advantage if you want people to assume certain things of you (for example SAs of shops in general will assume you have money or you can detect people that are stereotyping because of bags). but personally I couldn't care less about people that judge me by a bag

ya happens to me all the time... people stare and stare and bulge out their eyes out at me. Recently at school, I walked by a girl and a guy sitting together and the guy said really loud: "SLUT"... and I was all covered up in boots, jeans, and my big furry winter jacket... Meh...bothered me for like 5 mins, but after i become indifferent about it. People are mean everywhere and I guess we just have to deal with it. Oh ya, I'm 20 years old... guess this doesn't help...

Oh, that is such an awful thing to say to someone!!! Good for you for not letting it get to you, but how does having nice things make someone a "slut" in their eyes, I wonder?

I feel it just got bad timing and became a main focus of counterfeits. The multicolour was also the main focus XD

I believe I fell in love with LV in the counterfeit boom a few years ago..

It does have negative connotations but same with burberry what with the chav culture in the UK.

I love mine, and i get asked all the time if it is real. I am just like yes it is. I am by all means not rich, but i got a really good bonus at work (when i was working), and decided to get what i really wanted. .. btw .. speedy 30!

it's kinda annoying and i have had people say to me, "you're rich, aren't you?" a) not only is that rude, but b) it is also untrue.

OMG I get asked this all the time!!!! WHAT are you supposed to answer ....no ..I live in the sewers with the rats...:roflmfao: People assume the same thing as you because of the car and the bag (range rover + LV) and it is so so sooo annoying but it doesnt make me mad anymore I just let them think whatever they wanna think!

I kinda get this VIBE that people may think my stuff is fake because I am a guy and what does a guy know about Fashion?

well im gay so.... I know a lot lol... which is another stereotype... hes carrying LV hes gay... lol

not offended by it, but I had my squash today which SCREAMS LV and I felt like people might think its fake... but w/e i know its real and I will tell anyone off lol

OMG. i HATE that stereotype!
i hate when people say "thats gay" for something that is bad.
its just as bad as racism, maybe worse.
my cousin is gay, and it really offends me when people say "thats gay"
or call people gay and stuff, especially in front of him. its nothing to be ashamed of, and its of that individuals personal preference!

and i know plenty of straight guys that carry lv. usually wallets though...

I get better service at stores like Max Mara, Furla and Christian Dior when I'm carrying LV. Sometimes the SA's will say their bags are better than LV if you consider the prices but LV's quality is superior IMO.

Standing in line waiting to pay for something a little girl came up to me and said her mommy wants to know where I bought my bag (Ambre PM) and I told her from the LV store. Her mom was very nice but said she couldn't see paying so much for 'plastic'. eeks! I absolutely :love: my Ambre and sad for about a minute that they hurt my baby's feelings :crybaby:

I think that people who know LV can tell that my handbags are real.

Those who don't really "know" LV, but are familiar with the brand, can tell by how confident I carry myself and my handbag. Then, there are the remaining folks who don't give a sh!t about a handbag from LV or anywhere else. Handbags are not their "thing".

Just carry your bag with your head held high, but remember, the handbag does not make (or break) the person. It's only a material possesion and in 100 years, it won't matter what handbag that you carried, only the legacy that you left behind.