Look what I found!

Well, unfortunately, after carrying it for two days the lock broke and will no longer close. She will have to go back. When I bought it, the floor model had a broken lock so they brought a new one out from the back, but since this lock has broken as well I have to assume there may be a quality issue with the new small locks.

To answer the questions - the strap is not long enough to wear cross-body, but I wish it were long enough as I love cross-body bags! It's quite comfortable as a shoulder bag and has a small handle for hand-carrying as well. The leather is quite nice, thick, but not as smooshy as my '05 bags - it's nice enough that I think it would get smooshier with time, though. It smells delicious! The bag is too small for a laptop - but that is another good idea - this style, if larger, would be perfect for a laptop as it's shaped like a messenger. It's just smaller. It fits my sunglass case, a small zip clutch that I use as a wallet, my point & shoot camera, an iPod, and a bunch of travel documents comfortably.

I'm traveling in Europe at the moment so can't post any additional photos but will take some more before she goes back to the Bloomie's. I want to keep her, as the leather is such a beautiful color, but I can't justify keeping a >$1000 bag with broken hardware.

I hadn't seen your last post when I posted - sorry to hear you have to take her back. My SA explained that Chloe hollowed out all their locks this year to save weight. I wonder if this is related and if it's something to keep an eye on for this years bags.