Longchamp Le Pliage - long VS short handles

Long VS Short handles?

• Long handles

• Short handles

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think the dusty pink is more prone to get dirty than graphite or bilberry. I was also in Singapore when I was on the hunt for my kiwi pliage ^^ but they only had classic colors when I started to be interested...

Hi all!

I'm very 19-year-old fair asian.

I'm getting my first Longchamp LP this month after getting my pay from an internship. :smile: Definitely getting a short handle medium size bag. I love that it looks chic-er than the long handle one.

I'm deciding between Bilberry, Dusty Pink and Graphite though. I cannot make up my mind! Bilberry is sold out at all boutiques though. I don't know if I should wait or get the dusty pink or graphite one.

I'm about as fair as the girl in this photo (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/sabrinatay/IMG_1298-2.jpg) and she's carrying the dusty pink version of the bag!!! Which really, made me consider dusty pink :P

Any advice?

Hi all!

I'm getting my first Longchamp LP this month after getting my pay from an internship. :smile: Definitely getting a short handle medium size bag. I love that it looks chic-er than the long handle one.

I'm deciding between Bilberry, Dusty Pink and Graphite though. I cannot make up my mind! Bilberry is sold out at all boutiques though. I don't know if I should wait or get the dusty pink or graphite one.

I'm about as fair as the girl in this photo (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/sabrinatay/IMG_1298-2.jpg) and she's carrying the dusty pink version of the bag!!! Which really, made me consider dusty pink :P

Any advice?

So I am a very fair American caucasian white girl. So what if you are fair like it's some kind of superiority thing. Blech. How does that have anything to do with buying a pliage tote.

So I am a very fair American caucasian white girl. So what if you are fair like it's some kind of superiority thing. Blech. How does that have anything to do with buying a pliage tote.

I think she was just trying to ask if the colour of the bag will match with her skin colour like how we will match the colour of our clothes will match our bags.

^^I think she's just trying to decide what would look best with her skintone.

DahliaMorie, I think they all would look nice on you. For me the dusty pink would not go as well with my wardrobe, so I would go with with Bilberry or Graphite.

How do you carry your bags? I don't like carrying bags on my shoulder (it strains it and the straps ALWAYS slip off...) and also find that carrying things on my forearm, I'm able to cart around heavier things and for longer periods of time... I use two size "M"s with short handles and a long handled "Shopper" as bookbags and I much prefer the sh "M"s. :smile:

Hi all!

Any advice?

I think they'll all go well with your skin tone... Pick the one which would go best with the colours you normally wear - that way you can get the most use out of it! :smile:

The long handled ones are made in China, the short are made in France. If that makes any difference?
I only carry the short. Even if they are full. Not because of the China thing, I don't like the look of the long handles. And I've never seen them look chic on anyone like the short ones do. Plus it's not good for your back or shoulders to carry a bag that's so heavy you can't hold it in your hand.

Actually that's a false statement. Did you reach that conclusion on your own? Get set, all the le pliage bags are going to soon be made in China. Where do people get their nonsense reasoning.

OP - thanks for this post...I'm considering a large Pliage and was wondering the exact same thing!

Most seem to prefer the long, and so would I as I like to carry on my shoulder....BUT I'm mostly going to use this for travel and am most interested in the fact I can fold up the bag to get inside another until I need it. Can the large handles fold or roll up too, or would large handles make it too big to put inside another bag?

They just started making some of them in China. The last time I bought a long-handled one was this spring and it was made in France.

Babyjlo will have to tell you where she got the long handles vs. short handles info. I didn't know that.

I went to Lord and Taylor two days ago and picked up the same bag (color and handles) , both long handles, and two of them said they were made in China and the other one said made in France.