Longchamp Le Pliage - long VS short handles

Long VS Short handles?

• Long handles

• Short handles

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't think this is the case. I just bought a long handled large and it was made in France.

I've been told that only certain "popular colors" are made in China. All others are still made in France. If you search for previous threads, they're talking that certain colors are made in China. This particular thread is really old; there are more recent ones that state the color info.
An SA of a Longchamp shop in Hong Kong has recently suggested the same thing, that some Pliage in certain colours, long- or short-handled, are made in China. She couldn't be sure if it is the same in other countries, though - for instance, would it be possible that all Pliage bags available in Paris are still made in France, regardless of colours? Could anyone help please? I'll have my friend who's now in Paris bring some back if they are made in France :smile: Thanks loads.

I've checked the tags on some pliages I liked and it's pretty inconsistent... e.g. models within the same colors vary on china/france. the grey small pliage is made in france while the large shopper is made in china. the large shopper in navy is made in france again and so on... I'd just check inside each time I buy

An SA of a Longchamp shop in Hong Kong has recently suggested the same thing, that some Pliage in certain colours, long- or short-handled, are made in China. She couldn't be sure if it is the same in other countries, though - for instance, would it be possible that all Pliage bags available in Paris are still made in France, regardless of colours? Could anyone help please? I'll have my friend who's now in Paris bring some back if they are made in France :smile: Thanks loads.

When I visited the Longchamp store in Paris last spring they had Made in China bags there, alongside Made in France. You just have to look at the tag in each purse.

Ryan

I've checked the tags on some pliages I liked and it's pretty inconsistent... e.g. models within the same colors vary on china/france. the grey small pliage is made in france while the large shopper is made in china. the large shopper in navy is made in france again and so on... I'd just check inside each time I buy

i was told from a SA that it goes by demand. i.e. saks orders 5,000 gray bags, they get made in china, small retailer places order for 500, they get made in france. so by the time they make it to the stores, its likely that both will be along side eachother.

I have the long handled one for school but i also have the size large, which i totally recommend. It all just depends what your carrying around with you for school. In mine i kept 3 notebooks a sweatshift and a water bottle, and there was room to spare! I like to have a hands free bag in school, especially because in my college you had to walk (in the freezing cold of albany NY) to get to another building. With my totally bulky but very warm coat a long handled bag was ideal. Good luck choosing!

They just started making some of them in China. The last time I bought a long-handled one was this spring and it was made in France.

Babyjlo will have to tell you where she got the long handles vs. short handles info. I didn't know that.

I heard the more popular colors were China and the lesser were France.

I got a large, long handled Bilberry LP a couple months ago, and it was made in France.

am in a dilema as well. I used to have a large short handle and its a pain taking out stuff out from the bag when standing but it has a classier look I agree. Maybe buy a long and a short one?? P

i was told from a SA that it goes by demand. i.e. saks orders 5,000 gray bags, they get made in china, small retailer places order for 500, they get made in france. so by the time they make it to the stores, its likely that both will be along side eachother.
Thank you all, bagaholic, sw0pp and Ryan , for the interesting/helpful info. I ended up getting one with long handles (China) and two with short handles (France)! Cheers!!

Hi all!

I'm very 19-year-old fair asian.

I'm getting my first Longchamp LP this month after getting my pay from an internship. :smile: Definitely getting a short handle medium size bag. I love that it looks chic-er than the long handle one.

I'm deciding between Bilberry, Dusty Pink and Graphite though. I cannot make up my mind! Bilberry is sold out at all boutiques though. I don't know if I should wait or get the dusty pink or graphite one.

I'm about as fair as the girl in this photo (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/sabrinatay/IMG_1298-2.jpg) and she's carrying the dusty pink version of the bag!!! Which really, made me consider dusty pink :P

Any advice?

I would definitely recommend the long handles. I have bags with both short and long handles, but for carrying a lot of stuff I always take the one with long handles.

BTW I think right now all their bags are made in China - I just bought the short handles one and it says made in China, while last year I bought one with long handles and it was made in France.

Karo: Really? I like the short handles more though. If I'm ever going to get another LP, I'll get one in long handles. Given the durability and versatility, I can foresee myself getting another one after making the first step. :smile: