Longchamp Le Pliage - long VS short handles

Long VS Short handles?

• Long handles

• Short handles

Results are only viewable after voting.
They just started making some of them in China. The last time I bought a long-handled one was this spring and it was made in France.

Babyjlo will have to tell you where she got the long handles vs. short handles info. I didn't know that.

As far as i knew they started making some leather goods in china (wallets, bags, etc) but pliages are made in france. I have a few longchamp pliage bags and they all came with cards that say made in france....long handles and short...

I have the medium bag with the long handles and I use it as a handbag. I prefer the long handles but I do have 2 small young children so a bag that goes over my shoulders is a must! I agree the medium is too small to use as a school bag. I use my large when I travel or have to carry around a change of clothes etc. It is the perfect size for that. The med is more for use as a handbag.

Re the China thing, there was a panicked thread here recently from a tpfer who received her Le Pliage with a big made in China label on it and thought it was a fake, some other Longchamp experts pointed out that the long handled ones are made in China. Mine are all short handled and have made in France stamped on them.

I like the long handles. Especially if you are using it for school. My school bags always got very heavy and I think it would be easier to carry on your shoulder rather than in your hands

The long handled ones are made in China, the short are made in France. If that makes any difference?
I only carry the short. Even if they are full. Not because of the China thing, I don't like the look of the long handles. And I've never seen them look chic on anyone like the short ones do. Plus it's not good for your back or shoulders to carry a bag that's so heavy you can't hold it in your hand.

I just checked my long-handled tote and it's made in France :shame: not that the country of origin should make a difference... (if Longchamps is a quality brand), surely it's the OP's usage that counts?

anyhoo... I have two long handled totes for carrying when I need to stuff around, day trips, or as a 'jacket' for a valuable bag. I want to get a short handled one sometime but for now only the long handled ones serve my purposes.

i prefer the shorter handles, looks classier..use it for sch purpose though i didnt really have to carry lots of books.. just a text and some notes plus my own stuff. I have a white and black which are made in france..

The long handled ones are made in China, the short are made in France. If that makes any difference?

I don't think this is the case. I just bought a long handled large and it was made in France.

I've been told that only certain "popular colors" are made in China. All others are still made in France. If you search for previous threads, they're talking that certain colors are made in China. This particular thread is really old; there are more recent ones that state the color info.

Last edited: