Food Let's talk sushi

I love SUSHI! I do not care for "new wave" creative sushi.

Traditional Toro, eel, ikura(salmon roe),octopus,squid,yellow tail and etc. When it comes to rolls, I love Negi Toro which contains TORO & green Onion. They are also made with Yellow tail and this one is called Negi Hama. Wooo. I am drooling.. Yumyum. Shrimp with Mayo is also good. Cukes,Avocados,Takuwan (japanese daikon pickles) make good rolls, too.

I could seriously live off of sushi! When I lived in Russia, I went to this sushi place at least four times a week (that was partially also because I was too afraid to use the gas stove at my house, but enought about that..), and I miss it so much! I prefer to stick to simple stuff like shrimp, tuna and salmon though..
I used to be able to make sushi that tasted ok, but after I came home I've tried it about three times, and it always tastes horrible, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong as I use the same products as before.. Oh well, I'll just continue going to resturants for my fix :smile:

These pieces must arrive on my plate when I go to a sushi restaurant
1) Salmon
2) Yellow tail
3) Sea urchin
4) Salmon roe
5) Flying fish roe
6) Squid
7) Marlin (my co-worker calls it the "dreamy fish")
8) Clams

my favorite japanese restaurant in athens makes a roll called the Spicy Bulldog roll that has fried whitefish, avocado, and chili sauce. yummy! i'm slowly, but surely, developing a taste for sushi...i like philadelphia rolls too!

I love sushi...I've never eaten a roll that I didn't like. I can never judge, though, how many calories I'm eating. It seems healthy, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know?

My husband and I have two great sushi restaurant that we get take out at usually. I love salman rolls but one place has this amazing shrimp tempura roll wrapped in avocado (love avacados) and inside is japanese mayonnaise and tobiko...it is really good.

I love sushi so much and I usually eat it at least 4 times a week (lunch or dinner). I like all types of "rich" raw fish (no a huge fan of plain white fish). Sushi from my favorite places in NYC.

Japonica:

japsushijw9.jpg

Sushi Yasuda:

yasudasushifb1.jpg

Bond St:

bondst1ch8.jpg

And my favorite, Blue Ribbon:

blueribbonmackrelin6.jpg