Food Let's talk sushi

I LOVE SUSHI. Had it two nights in a row, hehe. Have a little pot belly now. I love spicy tuna and eel, and I usually get those in all sorts of crazy monster roll combos. My favorite sashimi/nigiri sushi is the giant clam. The texture is amazing.

If anyone is in the San Fernando valley, you HAVE to try Hirosuke sushi. A little pricey, I go there for special occasions, but ridiculously delicious. I get the giant clam sashimi, the seared toro sashimi salad, and this really good platter of sashimi with chips. And the Oh my god roll haha. Forget what's in there, but yum.

I love it all- sushi and sashimi alike. I have been eating it since I was a wee tot.

Usually, I just order whatever sushi or sashimi entree platter is available for dinner, but if in the mood to be more creative, I also like spider rolls, Alaska rolls and rainbow rolls.

Ash

I :heart:love:heart: Sushi - it's my favorite food.

My favorite Japanese foods:
Miso soup
Teriyaki tofu
Edamame with wasabe (very good for you - high in protein - japanese soy beans)

Rolls:
Spicy yellow tail roll - SO good, raw - if you're raw-a-phobic
Spicy tuna roll - same as above
Spicy salmon roll - same as above
Eel roll - DELISH - cooked eel (sounds gross, tastes AMAZING) rolled like a typical roll. Eel rolls usually come with cucumber or avocado rolled inside with the eel (you can usually choose, I prefer cucumber for the CRUNCH) and on top is drizzled with this delicious sweet sauce.
Boston roll - my personal "safe" roll. It's cooked shrimp (not fried or battered), lettuce, cucumber, and japanese mayo - amazing - great for summer, very refreshing
Philly/Philadelphia roll - I've seen this made a number of ways, but most commonly it's smoked salmon (smoked to PERFECTION - this roll is an indulgence - the salmon smoked has this delicious smokey flavor, similar to bacon), scallions, and cream cheese - I know, sounds like a weird combo, but it really is amazing, decadent, and rich
Spider roll - was one of my favorite rolls before my WLS, now I can't eat it because it's fried - but it's fried soft shell crab wrapped like a typical roll - VERY interesting, very tasty

I've never heard of spider rolls before - maybe we don't have them in Australia - is it sushi with a tempura batter fried? When I went to LA I had a weird battered sushi roll with avocado and cream cheese! It was really nice though!

I love Inari (which is rice and toasted sesame seeds in a tofu bag) so sweet and satisfying.

Almost any and all sushi except for the chewy stuff that I would compare it like a garden hose. Try the lobster hand roll and spicy scallop hand roll. All the previously mentioned spicy rolls rate high on my list too. The salmon skin roll is great too and last but not least fresh yellowtail. I would agree that sashimi is better and you get the full flavor of the fish without all the carbs & calories. (lots of sugar in the rsushi rice).

i love double avo sushi with teriyaki chicken ;p not exactly that traditional but oh well.
making sushi yourself gets easier everytime too, the first time you try to roll it up can be a bit of an experience tho lol.
all you need is a bamboo rolling mat, seaweed, and the rice + fillings and you're good to go. they sell it in kits here in NZ

sushi is my all time fave!!
i love anything with soft shell crab =)
and the salmon rose!! its basically 2-3 pieces of salmon wrapped around a piece of rice and topped with i think mayo with some pieces of squid and a few sprinkles of fish eggs =)