Let's Talk about Evelynes!

Thinking about an evelyne for travel... The evelyne is open at the top (no zipper)...is it possible to "secure" a wallet in any way? TIA!

I mainly got mine for travel but find that I love it so much that I've worn it every day since I got it! :P

I have always insisted that every bag I have must have a secure zipper, etc. So, this is a first for me to have a bag without a zipper or similar closure. However, I feel that my "valuables" are very secure in this bag. In the main section I have my wallet, cosmetics bag and small pouch with other small items. There is still room for a water bottle, which I sometimes include.

Then in the smaller section I have my iPod and cell phone. With the bag carried messenger style, it would be very hard for anything to fall out. For errands, I wear it with the snap to the outside as it makes it much easier to get in and out of. If I'm using it for travel I will probably carry it the opposite way and I feel everything will be quite secure.

I am not a very "free wheeling" kind of person, so for me to feel comfortable and secure with this bag it really says something about it's usefulness and security!:yes:

with your wallet on the bottom and other stuff on top there really is no way a thief can just reach in and grab it - the opening has only enough room between the snaps for a thin hand! I am conscious though of putting my wallet on the bottom just in case and then piling my makeup case on top and keys and glasses etc. I also feel more secure with the messenger style because I have been sloppy in the past with my handhelds and put them down and not paid attention while shopping. Did anyone see on the news how thieves reach in your front seat while you are pumping gass and can steal your purse in 4 seconds - lock the passenger door at all times.

Im 7 mos pregnant and have been carrying this bag quite a bit. Its great worn messenger style. Its nice not to have to carry anything. Soon when baby is born I imagine this will come in handy with hands free. I feel the items are very secure in there. Its not easy to get things in and out when the snap is snapped and its not a magnetic snap so it requires a bit of a tug to open.

Luccibag, Hope you are feeling well.

I agree with all of the women here. I love my Evelyne and do feel very secure about it when worn messenger style or with the strap shortened with a pocket square. I feel like with the snap closed there is not a lot of room to put your hand in and it is soft enough to mold to my body. It is also deep enough that my stuff is not right at the top where it can easily be taken.

Evelynes are very useful to me. I have 5 evelynes, black, raisin, rouge vif, barenia and white suede all in GM. They can fit in a lot of things and also can be very hip when paired with leggings and skinny jeans.