LeSportsac Discussion?

I feel so bad for saying this but I HATE non-toki lesportsacs (except for the cosmetics cases because those are useful). I just think all the prints are "blah". I've never liked lesportsac before the toki collaboration and after the collaboration ends I will never buy a lesportsac again. With the fafi collaboration, I think the prints are kinda dreary and I don't like the color combos.
LOL sorry if I offended anyone ... just stating my opinion.

^ Yea I don't like the regular LeSportsac bags either. Never had one before Toki and after Toki, I don't feel the justification in price to purchase a regular LS where the money can go towards cuter purses...like for instance..a harajuku or...starting the hunt for the endangered toki bags. ;)

oooh i like your cosmetic pouches! is that a jungle print tissue holder? i really like the jungle print and found a purse in it at winners, bought it, then returned it cus i realized i could put that money into a tokidoki! (which i prefer)...:P
bagme: yup, that's the jungle print tissue/cosmetic pouch :smile: the pouches are really cute and handy.

i agree with you - regular vs tokidoki, it's no fight at all. tokidoki wins hands-down for sure lol. we all need more money for tokidokis.

sometimes I think tokidoki can be boring, I mean, for the years tokidoki is out, the main pattern is all kind of the same. the traditional lesportsac has the variations that I want to see. i would want to own 1 or 2 nice tokidokis and a lot different traditionals (if i have the money) rather than have lots of similar tokidokis...

I think once Tokidoki separates from LeSportsac, I too will probably not be as interested in the brand. I think many of their styles of handbags are cute, but I just don't care for the majority of the prints. I mainly dislike the prints with 60's-70's designs and colors. They just scream BLAH to me. Others like the jungle print, aliens, and fifi, I think are super cute. So I dunno, it's a toss-up!

I also wanted to mention that I've seen the aliens print in the U.S.A. as well, so I don't think it's limited to Japan. I got the Cosmetic 3-zip from Urban Outfitters in Minnesota as part of a Christmas gift and love it! Super cute and I shove it in my whatever Toki I happen to be carrying! :P

nonetheless, i used to really love lesportsac ...had a huge collection...but eventually got over it [moved onto "better" bags...ie:leather, etc]...sold most of them... but i still like lesportsac for travel. they do a good durable & inexpensive duffle [also love the garment covers]. i really like that you can fold them up and toss them into your carryon or whatever to fill with any purchases you make on your trip.

A month ago, I started hunting for the perfect compact travel bag, and I ran across the Weekender; however, I think that most of the prints are ugly, so I haven't gotten one yet. I'm also worried if the across-body strap can take the strain of all my shopping. :P

Strangely, when I was traveling through Asia, the majority of people who had Lesportsac duffles were old couples! Young people had Longchamp bags.

i love Lesportsac. i can just window shop in the store for an hour looking at all the different shapes, styles & prints of bags they have.

my favorite shape is the tribeca tote since i like handbag styles as opposed to shoulder bags. my favorite of my Lesportsac prints is my Alice in Wonderland, it's too cute for words, altho i'm currently in love w/Junebug, the pink panda, & an older Lovebug print that i have.

I don't know how anyone can think they're "old womanish" when Lesportsac is usally brightly colored, retro-patterned, & attention-grabbing. i would think old boring women would like plain, dark colored bags....i don't get the "old" factor...

It's clear that there isn't a single traveler to be found in all the above posters. LeSportsac is simply the best purse brand for adventure or casual travel. When you travel for weeks or months at a time, as I do, you need a small variety of purses and totes in several colors. No other company (that I know about) makes near-flat and wonderfully packable accessories like LeSportsac. The brand started for that market and has branched into prints, "designer" sub-brands, and so on.

It's clear that there isn't a single traveler to be found in all the above posters. LeSportsac is simply the best purse brand for adventure or casual travel. When you travel for weeks or months at a time, as I do, you need a small variety of purses and totes in several colors. No other company (that I know about) makes near-flat and wonderfully packable accessories like LeSportsac. The brand started for that market and has branched into prints, "designer" sub-brands, and so on.

That's a rather presumptious statement. I travel internationally on a regular basis, and I've gotten by just fine w/o LeSportsac bags. That's not to say that I'm not interested in a LeSportsac bag, but I don't think that owning one would completely transform my travel experience.

Personally, I don't feel the need to have multiple purses and totes when I travel -- I generally pack to minimize the number of accessories that I need -- but I can see how some people would like to have that variety. As for other companies that make flat packable bags, there are a number of them: Tumi, Longchamp, Herve Chapelier, Samsonite, Eagle Creek, Eddie Bauer. However, LeSportsac probably has the best style-to-price ratio of those, assuming that you find a pattern that you like.

i have a lamb messeger from lesportsac, the zipper pulls, among other things, fell apart on me.
what i love about the tokidoki zipper pulls are that they are like keyrings, so you can yank on them and they won't pull open like regular "O" zipper pulls...

hope that makes sense ! :P

i have a lamb messeger from lesportsac, the zipper pulls, among other things, fell apart on me.
what i love about the tokidoki zipper pulls are that they are like keyrings, so you can yank on them and they won't pull open like regular "O" zipper pulls...
hope that makes sense ! :P

It does, and thanks for sharing that info! It's something that I could theoretically fix on my own, but the lack of attention to that kind of detail is a bit disappointing. One would think that they'd catch that during quality control testing.... I'll have to make a note of the zipper pulls if I ever buy a Lesportsac bag.