Legend Zizou breaks his silence Legend Zizou breaks his silence

Zizou on t'aime!
It still says at the Champs.
He's still a national hero, a nice, decent, humble guy who doesn't go around flashing a trophy wife or plenty of money. I like him better than any other player around. Aggression is bad, but remember that retaliative "little black book" kept by Beckham when he was younger? There're lotsa foul-tempered football players around. Zizou is far above them.

TammyD said:
Zizou on t'aime!
It still says at the Champs.
He's still a national hero, a nice, decent, humble guy who doesn't go around flashing a trophy wife or plenty of money. I like him better than any other player around. Aggression is bad, but remember that retaliative "little black book" kept by Beckham when he was younger? There're lotsa foul-tempered football players around. Zizou is far above them.

Amen! Yeah, football gets ugly, it seems no one escapes it. He's for the most part been a class act compared to so many other people in the sport. He will always have a special place in the sport and in my :heart: . He is a champion. I just wish he left on a high note than how he did. If anything, it made me sad for him and the sport.

Zizou, je t'aime aussi!

I do not understand the sympathy for Zidane. Not only is he a hot-head (as shown by his past record) he seems to be stuck with the mentality of a 7 year old. Trash talk is a part of all competitive sports. If he hasn't learned how to deal with it by now he never will.

In June 1998: David Beckham was vilified by England fans after his sending-off in the World Cup finals against Argentina. England lost on penalties after he was shown the red card for kicking out at Diego Simeone.

Why is it the British fans were upset with Beckham for his bad actions yet the fans of Zidane rush to his side and praise him? I just don't get it.

Furthermore, he showed just how classless he is when he took off the tape wrapping on his left hand as he left the game and just dropped it on the field. I suppose he is expecting somebody to pick up after him? Yet another indication of is 7 year old boy mentality.

There is no place in professional sports for the actions he displayed.

There is also no place in proefessional sports for foul language and verbal low-blows. :rolleyes:

maxter said:
I do not understand the sympathy for Zidane. Not only is he a hot-head (as shown by his past record) he seems to be stuck with the mentality of a 7 year old. Trash talk is a part of all competitive sports. If he hasn't learned how to deal with it by now he never will.

In June 1998: David Beckham was vilified by England fans after his sending-off in the World Cup finals against Argentina. England lost on penalties after he was shown the red card for kicking out at Diego Simeone.

Why is it the British fans were upset with Beckham for his bad actions yet the fans of Zidane rush to his side and praise him? I just don't get it.

Furthermore, he showed just how classless he is when he took off the tape wrapping on his left hand as he left the game and just dropped it on the field. I suppose he is expecting somebody to pick up after him? Yet another indication of is 7 year old boy mentality.

dk2504 said:
There is also no place in proefessional sports for foul language and verbal low-blows. :rolleyes:

no, there certainly isn't!:rant:

I just think everyone need to relax a bit about what zidane did. Ok, it was wrong, he should have controlled himself better BUT he is only human and no God !:tender:

He made a mistake and apologized!!!:shrugs:

Anyway, i still think that he is one of the best football players ever and one of the best looking ones :shame:

ZIZOU I LOVE YOU :heart:

maxter said:

^Well said maxter.

taco said:
Trash talking is nothing new, he can't act like this is the first time something bad was said to him. he has a history of bad acts, no excuses, be a man & own up to your actions Z.

I agree. It's always the retaliator that gets penalized and the publicity. He should know this!!

I think he is already punished enough by the media replaying his headbutt all over the world. He regret it and apologised for his behaviour! Maradona did not apologise but said it was the 'hand of God' in the world cup final (in 80s I think it was) and Argentina won the cup even though the act was replayed and it showed to millions of people that it was actually 'his hand' that pushed the ball into the goal.

i understand that you guys think he overreacted. but put yourself in his shoes. what if somebody insults people that you love? would you just stand there and take it? trash talking is common is sports. but there are limits.... race, parents....
please dont judge him. you could easily be in the same situation as him and did something worse.
on a side note... i still love zizou

I don't agree with Zidane's actions towards that italian player, but on the other hand, i also think that Italian player was asking for it. I i was in Zidane's shoes and i had someone verbally abusing my mother or my sister i'd probably find it hard to restrain myself too, not once, not twice but 3 times??? Violence has no place in a champpionship that commands the amount of following that football does, but neither does verbal abuse. I mean, why on earth would you drag a player's family into it anyway unless you were looking for trouble?

people will do anything in this sport to provoke other teams to do violence act, and this media in this year's world cup contribute so much too.
for instance, the media in germany also try to provoke david beckham by insulting his mother and sister to influence his performance in the field.
it's not just a physical game, it's a mind and mental game too.

I think the verbal and physical assaults have no place in sports field. While I don't think what Zidane was correct, I don't think it's correct to verbally assault someone's family either. Both sides lost as far as I am concerned. I don't care if Italy won the World Cup, what I know is that they didn't demonstrate the actions of true champions.