Leather Skirts Trash or Class ?

this thread reminds me - I was looking at Vanity Fair last week. There was an article about George Lucas and Melody Hobson. I was surprised at what she was wearing in the photo. It fits and she's covered but not sure what kind of statement she was trying to make.
1648998792909.png

I think melody Hobson is just having fun and shedding her corporate persona. She probably just liked it. and she certainly has nothing to prove :smile: I think she looks cute and happy, and she owns the look

by the way pleats going up to a waistband is not an easy look, so she must be in fabulous shape under the leather :smile:

im not sure that I would wear her pick, but I do have a lot of leather garments

Last edited:
this thread reminds me - I was looking at Vanity Fair last week. There was an article about George Lucas and Melody Hobson. I was surprised at what she was wearing in the photo. It fits and she's covered but not sure what kind of statement she was trying to make.
View attachment 5371217

I can't possibly comment.

I was only deciding just today whether I should keep a leather gold-holographic longline zip-up jacket and matching mini. I'm keeping it for that occasion when I need 'Liberace plays the Metaverse' look or alternatively 'Trinity from The Matrix X RuPaul's Drag Race'

Trinity from The Matrix
just ran through my leather pieces and realized early aughts chanel encompassed both extremes . . . I have a chanel gold calf hair mini from 2003 and from 2001a, black matrix leather patent front, suede backed pants lol.

Before I googled trinity ma5rix style, and I came up with the recent article below, I simply thought it was urban minimal edgy, slightly Brooklyn. I’m now a bit chagrined that I gave up my oh so modern Jil sander black leather trench, NWT, from TRR :sad: (The silver buckle Fastenings made noise). both a bit trashy and classy.:P:biggrin:

Last edited:
I have one that I haven't worn in awhile. When I do wear it I try to tone it down a bit 'cause I'm not young anymore.:cry: I usually wear it in the fall with dress boots and a turtleneck sweater or with heels and a pretty blouse.

I do the same. The skirt comes to my knee. Looks great with boots, sweater and dressy leather gloves

Reactions: Rephined