KINKY Girls LOVE MAKE UP TOO!

Just coming in to rave about IMAN's second to none cream to powder foundation as I think this is a dupe for MAC's studio tech CTP foundation (I actually like it better than MAC's). I recently bought this because I wanted something quick and easy to wear on weekends (I normally wear MUFE HD foundation).

I love this stuff! This matched my skin exactly (I use Earth 1) and is buildable so I didn't have to use concealer. Oh, did I mention it's only $16?!?!?! I also love that it comes in more deep tones (and undertones) than most.

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/pro...1003&productId=7284&navAction=push&navCount=1

I actually went bk & got yet another sample of the NARS TM, this time in Cuba which was a much better match. However after a few days I got a large red bump which is rare for me. In full disclosure I was also trying out a new primer so I hvnt determined which was to blame but stopped using both & hv been going au natural the last few days.

Which shade do you wear in NARS SG?

I also chk'd out MAC Matchmaker since there were so many great reviews. Just like my prev exp w/ MAC I couldn't get a good color match. 6 was a bit too light & 7 was a bit too orange for me. It wasn't bad mixing then together but who wants to do that or buy two bottles.

Since I couldn't find a new TM or foundation I've gone bk to NARS SG & picked up PTR's matte gel, Tarte's clay powder & PTR's powder SPF during the Sephora sale. Hopefully one of them will help w/ my oil slick *fingers crossed* there is nothing cute about being greasy...

I originally bought Malaga and it didn't look right on me after it oxidized. I finally exchanged it for Cuba and it's so much better. Thanks for the tip!

Dunno if it is mentioned yet, but a great, and not very expensive, brand voor eye make up is Inglot. The shadows are sooo pigmented and soft, what you see in the pan is what you get!

I mention this, because I, and mainly my mother who has quite a dark complexion, tend to have problems with pigmentation of certain eyeshadows. Barely shows up, or it all looks very muted, chalky etc.

They have some very funky colours, which I personally think dark skinned ladies pull off the best.

Almost everything they sell is very pigmented actually.. They have gelliners in a wide range of colours (not just brown and black) and a lovely nail polish range.

Another brand I recently started back using, Becca. This is an Australian brand, but they have a great range for women of color with yellow, red and orange undertones. Very lightweight, but can provide more coverage if needed.

Their system is: apply the tinted moisturizer, then go over problem areas with concealer or stick and top with their skin perfector, brush light powder if needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-oerLsHgis

as a reference I use
Becca Cosmetics Luminous Skin Color - Nuba
Becca Cosmetics Stick Foundation SPF 30 - Fudge
Skin Perfector - Topaz

Dunno if it is mentioned yet, but a great, and not very expensive, brand voor eye make up is Inglot. The shadows are sooo pigmented and soft, what you see in the pan is what you get!

I mention this, because I, and mainly my mother who has quite a dark complexion, tend to have problems with pigmentation of certain eyeshadows. Barely shows up, or it all looks very muted, chalky etc.

They have some very funky colours, which I personally think dark skinned ladies pull off the best.

Almost everything they sell is very pigmented actually.. They have gelliners in a wide range of colours (not just brown and black) and a lovely nail polish range.

I like Inglot as well. I started off buying their eyeshadows, and totally agree they're really pigmented. My only problem is that I get a lot of fallout if I'm not careful because they're very powder-y - I which they had a slightly thicker texture, and the fallout is probably why I don't reach for them as much as I thought I would...

Besides the eyeshadows, though, I have tried and love their lipsticks, lipglosses, and liquid eyeliners. The gel liners are also really good, and last for a reeeeallly long time! I'm heading to Vegas this weekend and can't wait to haul some new stuff from the store.

Another brand I recently started back using, Becca. This is an Australian brand, but they have a great range for women of color with yellow, red and orange undertones. Very lightweight, but can provide more coverage if needed.

Their system is: apply the tinted moisturizer, then go over problem areas with concealer or stick and top with their skin perfector, brush light powder if needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-oerLsHgis

as a reference I use
Becca Cosmetics Luminous Skin Color - Nuba
Becca Cosmetics Stick Foundation SPF 30 - Fudge
Skin Perfector - Topaz

Thanks for the rec! A friend was asking me about this brand a few weeks ago and I had never heard of them. Off to look at swatches! (and drool, I'm sure.)

Not sure if it has been mentioned here, but has anyone tried Sleek Makeup? One of my favorite brown-skinned beauty bloggers the glamorous gleam reviewed a brush palette from Sleek a few weeks ago, and I've been drooling ever since! Apparently their blushes are really pigmented and great for darker skin; I've heard it compared to NARS blushes in terms of pigmentation. Sadly they're a UK company, but they ship to the US, so I ordered 2 blush palettes (lace and pumpkin) and 2 highlighters (gold digga and bronze baby). Still waiting for everything to arrive, and anxious to placemy 2nd order as the more I see swatches, the more I'm in love.

Has anyone else tried the brand? Thoughts?

I use the sleek contour kit. but after seeing pixiwoo's review for the blushes, I need them in my life.

NordysGal - check on beccas website for retailers in your area if you want to color swatch. Trying to determine your color online can be a pain in the arse. Also, Dermstore is having 20% off, free shipping. They carry becca.

Anyone like the loreal lip balm? Any color suggestions?

I have Heavenly Berry and Caring Coral. The color is very sheer and they make my lips extremely dry after about an hour of wear. I just wear them over one of my plain lip balms to keep my lips from drying out. I know a lot of people like them, but I wouldn't buy them again.

I have Heavenly Berry and Caring Coral. The color is very sheer and they make my lips extremely dry after about an hour of wear. I just wear them over one of my plain lip balms to keep my lips from drying out. I know a lot of people like them, but I wouldn't buy them again.

Thanks I bouught the plum and berry not really a lot of color. berry was like my color only a little better and the plum was cute. I'm not in love so Im returning to ulta.

I think my look for the summer is bold bright lip color. I don't usually do that look. Need something new and fresh.

Love this thread ...think I am going to go makeup shopping this weekend. Its never been my thing, but I finally got to the age where Im like " Honey, you need more than mascara and lip gloss" :giggles:

Hey ladies i'm back. I want to get on the tinted moisturizer band wagon. My main color is MAC liquid studio fix in NC50. I want to try NARS or Laura Mercier, I seen someone mentioned they also wore NC50 and that the LM im walnut was a gud match. What about for the NARS for the match, anyone want to chime in. Thanks

I just picked up Bobbi Brown Skin foundation in 5.5 warm honey. It's a really good match for my current skin tone, but it probably won't work in the summer. I've been testing it out for the past week and I like the way it wears on my oily skin.

Not sure how I missed this thread. Fellow brown um chocolate girl checking in!

I'm nw55 in mac foundation. My favorite is mac mineralize foundation with spf. Combine that with a spritz of fix + on a 187 and I get flawless coverage everytime. I'm a Nars blush addict and a hoarder of blush in general. My favs are exhibit A with a blend of Taj Mahal.

I also wear #185 in MUFE HD foundation.

Not sure if it has been mentioned here, but has anyone tried Sleek Makeup? One of my favorite brown-skinned beauty bloggers the glamorous gleam reviewed a brush palette from Sleek a few weeks ago, and I've been drooling ever since! Apparently their blushes are really pigmented and great for darker skin; I've heard it compared to NARS blushes in terms of pigmentation. Sadly they're a UK company, but they ship to the US, so I ordered 2 blush palettes (lace and pumpkin) and 2 highlighters (gold digga and bronze baby). Still waiting for everything to arrive, and anxious to placemy 2nd order as the more I see swatches, the more I'm in love.

Has anyone else tried the brand? Thoughts?

I have yet to try their blushes but their eyeshadow palettes are the bizness:smile:
I do want to get my hands on a blush palette but lords knows I don't need no more blush. Sleek products are high quality for drugstore product.