Keep the Plastic on?

Definitely take the plastic off. It's a good short-term storage solution (for boutiques, so less dirt on bags), but it's not intended for long-term use.

Ok, my friends from Japan told me the vachetta would crack if I kept the plastic on too long.

Thank you!

Sophia, I had a speedy that I did not use for almost 1 1/2 years after I bought it and left the plastic on the handles. The plastic caused the leather to dry and then crack because the leather could not breathe. LV told me this is why it happened. I had to have LV replace the handles on basically a brand new speedy. I know I have bought items before and then never used them and they were stored for periods of time and they were fine, the speedy is the only item this happened to. I learned my lesson when I had to pay over $100 for new handles!

I agree with everyone. Take the plastic off. I've received several bags from the boutique with plastic on and I just remove it once I get home. I always spray the vachette (for those that have it) when I get home anyways.

I would take the plastic off then keep the bag in its dustbag. Sometimes the vachetta starts to darken a little even though the bag is unused, and you'd really hate for the rest of your bag to be darker than the handles...

You did the right thing Sophia. I think it's best to take the plastic off and store the bag in its' dustbag, otherwise the leather wouldn't be able to breathe properly through the plastic and, as someone already mentioned, it would patina more slowly than the rest of the bag...

You did the right thing Sophia. I think it's best to take the plastic off and store the bag in its' dustbag, otherwise the leather wouldn't be able to breathe properly through the plastic and, as someone already mentioned, it would patina more slowly than the rest of the bag...

this happened to me, the rest of the vachetta of the bag looks darker than the handles..so better to take it off. Congrats on the new bag!!:yahoo: