Keep the Plastic on?

1. Just a quick question, sorry!

But, when you guys get new LV bags and you do not plan on using the bag, do you still remove the plastic from the handles?

Im not planning on using my Monogram Lockit anytime soon, and I just want to leave it untouched in its box. Should I? Is that harmful?

:heart: Sophia. 9/30/2007.
  2. i think you should leave it on until you use it. because the store "stock" it like that too
  3. Ok, my friends from Japan told me the vachetta would crack if I kept the plastic on too long.

Thank you!
  4. ummm.......ive never had a bag with the handles wrapped in plastic, so i cant help......

i think if you live in a humid area, you might want to let your bags just sit in the dustbag and not have it in the box 24/7
  5. I think Im just anal. I made a deal with this bag that I would maintain a gorgeous patina with it! Tough.
  6. I haven't heard of the vachetta cracking...I also haven't heard of people leaving the plastic on. I would store in the sleeper, it'll be fine. I leave all of my LV's out, not in sleepers, live in a relatively humid climate and the vachetta looks great. No patina whatsoever.

7. Ok, I think I might just store it in its dustbag with its plastic off!
  8. I was thinking the same thing, in the years that I have been buying LV. I have never have seen them remove plastic from the handles..Maybe certain stores? umm, You all have me wondering why?:confused1::confused1:
  9. The bag was from E-luxury.

All the bags I have bought from Eluxury have had the plastic covering.

10. I always remove the plastic and then if I am waiting to use them let them sleep in their dustbags. The plastic while protective seems un-natural against the amazing leather!
  11. I have only heard about leather cracking when a purse has been kept in a box that doesn't allow it to "breathe" for a prolonged period of time. I think your bag would be fine if kept in a dustbag.
  12. I would leave the plastic on.
  13. I leave it on as long as possible!
  14. I leave mine on, too.
  15. Oh well. I took it off and put it back in the dustbag!

Its sitting on my drawer right now, haha. I havent stored it away or anything, my room is a mess!