Kasey died today...My heart is broken

Nothing can ever make me forget the good times w/ Kasey. I hate that I keep adding to a thread that should probably die...but it is healing for me to add to it when I need to. For some reason, today I felt particularly sad that Kasey was gone. Our dear friends invited us over to their house and I really didn't want to be around anyone, but I forced myself for my kid's sake.
Of course, it was the best medicine b/c they are sooo nourishing and nurturing.

Mike and I made a decision to wait until the beginning of the school year to adopt our next dog.We go away for 2 weeks at the end of the summer and don't want to be insensitive and leave a newly adopted dog boarded somewhere unfamiliar. It's incredibly painful for me to wait that long, but I don't want to be selfish about this and know Mike is right. Oy vay!

As always, I love all of you and can't say enough about the endless support I have rec'd.

Kasey will guide you to your next fur baby, Karen. Sam sent us Gracie. We're completely convinced of that. Don't worry about the timing. Trust your heart when it comes to getting your new love. It's Kasey talking to you. :heart:

I'm so sorry. I just lost my 12 year old so I know how hard it can be. I'm glad you and your kids were able to say goodbye and be with her at the end.

Don't know how I missed this thread. I'm so very sorry about Kasey! For me, it's almost like losing a child, they are such an integral part of our family.

I know your heart is breaking, but time helps heal and you can give another pet a loving home when you're ready. ((hugs))

Kasey will guide you to your next fur baby, Karen. Sam sent us Gracie. We're completely convinced of that. Don't worry about the timing. Trust your heart when it comes to getting your new love. It's Kasey talking to you. :heart:

ITA. Kasey will 'send' you a friend. You will know immediately that *you* have found a new, precious pal........pre-approved by someone you love.:heart: I'm so sorry for your loss.:heart:

So, today I was washing all the sheets and I took off my son's pillowcase and heard a crinkling noise inside. I take out a piece of paper that says "June 21, Kasey died today, I am very sad."

God, that's touching.