Kasey died today...My heart is broken

1. Some of you may have read my other post that she has some bleeding from her mouth. She was going back to the vet tomorrow b/c it was still going on but otherwise she seemed totally fine...playful, eating, etc.

Well this afternoon I noticed she was breathing very short and collapsed when she tried to get up once. I took her and my kids (who had a 1/2 day of school) to the vet. I knew it was going to be bad from the way she was. Turns out she was bleeding internally and had a mass inside her. She had lost a lot of blood into her lungs and couldn't be saved. I let my kids say goodbye to her and staid w/ her when they put her to sleep just holding her and telling her I loved her. My kids were very upset but now they are much better. I considered her my firstborn so it's a bit harder for me.

I really have nothing else to add...she was sooo wonderful.

2. Oh my gosh, I am so so sorry for your loss.

3. I am SO sorry! I know how heartbreaking it is to say goodbye to a pet!

(I'll tell my cat, Lucky, to look for Kasey. They can play together.)

[​IMG]

4. I'm very sorry for your loss, shushopn.

5. Oh, I am so sorry! we lost a furkid at a young age recently and I know how hard it is when you aren't ready for it, when they are eating and playing like normal. My heart goes out to you and your family. Another loved one waiting for us at the bridge.

6. I am so sorry for your loss. You gave her a great life.

7. oh no :sad: i'm so so sorry... :sad:

8. oh sweetie..Im so sorry!

**HUGS**

I cant imagine what u all r going thru.....

9. Oh Karen-i am so so sorry! I know all too well what it is like to lose a beloved dog. You have my deepest sympathies. :sad:

10. Aw I am so sorry for your loss, sorry didn't see your other post but my heart goes out to you, i know what it is to lose a beloved pet! :heart:

11. I am so sorry for your lost... Let us know if there is anything we can do here during your diffcult time...

12. There isn't anything I can say to make it better, so I'll send you big hugs. I'm so sorry.:sad:

13. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you right now. She is out of her pain and will always be with you. *Hugs*

14. i am so sorry for your loss.....
    she is in a better place now.... imagine her... running around with other pups in puppy heaven....

15. ...Hugs & Sympathy...

Click HERE for a few good poems to help mourn your loss....

Below is one of my faves...

HAVE YOU A DOG IN HEAVEN?

Have you a dog in Heaven, Lord?
    And do you pat her head?
    Does she sit up and beg each night
    before she goes to bed?

Does she look up with shining eyes
    when she sees Your smilling face?
    Does she wag her stubby little tail
    when she wants to run a race?

Have You a dog in Heaven, Lord?
    Is there room for just one more?